Chapter 18

Zatanna took a deep breath and straightened out her t-shirt. Dick grabbed her hand and squeezed it, comforting her. She gave him a small smile and nodded.

They stopped at the car and he opened the door for her to go in, she did so and he followed her in. "The rest of them will meet us at the party." He informed, putting his phone back into his pocket.

Zatannas lips thinned and she bit the inside of her cheek. She did it when she got anxious, Dick put his hand over hers to comfort her. She took and deep breath and closed her eyes tightly. She was nervous.

Once they got to Linda's house they got out of the car and walked up to their friend group. "Let's stick together." Conner said and the rest of them nodded.

"You made it!" Linda greeted with a sick smile across her face. Cameron stood next to her, arms crossed over his chest with the same smile. Artemis tensed up and Wally put his arm around her shoulder.

"Have fun." Linda said, stepping aside and gesturing for them to enter the house. They did so, sticking close together. It was filled with crazy teenagers, jumping up and down and screaming at each other.

It didnt take long for Cameron and Linda to come back into the house and close the doors, not letting anyone come in or out.

"Could you help me with bringing some things in, Dickie?" Linda asked, and Dick just nodded, following her into a room. Zatanna went to follow after them, but Artemis grabbed her shoulder and stopped her.

Cameron walked up to Artemis, and Wally stood in between them. "I dont want you five feet near her." Artemis gently pushed Wally aside and put a hand on her hip. "What do you want?"

Cameron smirked and leaned against the wall. "Still the same fiery girl I knew." He said, putting a toothpick in his mouth. Artemis glared at him.

"So your old mans in jail." Artemis nodded, and Cameron shook his head. "I wouldve punched that mans face in if I knew what he was doing to you." Cameron said, putting a hand on her shoulder. Artemis smacked it off quickly.

"I think it's time for you to leave." Conner said, stepping forward and Cameron put his hands in the air. "Just trying to have a friendly conversation." He defended and Conner growled in response.

"So, everyones got a good relationship, huh?" He had a sickening smile on his face, no one answered.

"Yours and Dicks must be a bit strained though, right?" He said, looking at Zatanna. She raised her eyebrow in confusion. He then gestured over to Dick.

He set down a box, then stood back up, Linda leaned toward him and gave him a kiss, his eyes widened for a moment, and he looked confused before he pulled away. Zatanna glared.

"Shes gonna get it." Zatanna angrily stated, making her way to the two of them. She swung a punch and hit Linda square in the face. Everyone at the party stopped what they were doing and gasped at the situation.

Dick put his hands on Zatannas shoulders and pulled her back. "You wanna play that game?" Linda laughed, wiping off her bloody lip. "You started this game a long time ago, bitch." Artemis shot back, hands on her hips.

"Whatever you say, slut." Artemis furrowed her brows in confusion at the insult. Slut? Shes only had two boyfriends! Linda cheated multiple times!

"Yeah, Cameron here told me everything." Artemis scoffed and shook her head, Wally saw red. He grabbed Cameron by the collar of his shirt and hit him up against the wall.

"So first you take advantage of her and now your spreading rumors and slut shaming her?!" He yelled out and Cameron put his hands up. "Hey man I'm just-" he was cut off by Wally punching him hard.

Interesting party, huh?