Chapter 10

Artemis walked into the living room, they had the day off today, Ollie and Dinah were at work, leaving her all alone. She wiped the sweat off of her forehead and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. She was just in the gym for a few hours.

After awhile, she found herself on the living room couch, eating cereal and scrolling through the channels. Artemis had only been here for a week, and she was already so comfortable.

As she scrolled through the channels, while eating cereal, the door knocked, and her head quickly turned to it, shutting the TV off.

Roy, who she had met a few days ago, raced down the stairs, wearing sweatpants and a tanktop. While she was still in her workout clothes. Roy opened one of the double doors, and raised an eyebrow.

Artemis walked up and opened the other door, crossing her arms over her chest. "Barry Allen from the CCPD." the blonde man introduced, showing his badge. The two teens nodded. Wallys told her about Barry.

"Artemis, your dad is in a cell right now, we need to ask you a few questions." her eyes widened, and she took a step back. She felt dizzy. A cell? Lawrence?

"Artemis?" Roys voice met her ears, and she could feel his hands on her shoulders. "Artemis." he said again, shaking her lightly. Barry then spoke, but his voice was fading.

"Shit." Roy said aloud, carefully setting the unconcious blonde down before standing up. "What's going on?" he inquired, sticking a finger at the group of officers.

"Wally told me everything thats been going on last week, we just tracked Lawrence down." Barry explained, bending over to Artemis with a sigh. "We just need to have proof that she was abused." another officer spoke, and Barry stood back up, nodding.

"We'll take her over later." Roy announced, and the officers laughed. "I mean, unless you want to strip her while shes out cold, then I'll take her over later." the officers became quiet at his remark, and Barry cleared his throat "See you then." he patted Roys shoulder and they left.

Meanwhile...Megan looked at Zatanna with worried eyes. "You've been here for nearly a week, isnt it time you go back?" Zatanna looked down. "Or at least tell me whats going on? More than 'we got into a fight.'"

Megan sat down next to Zatanna and paused the TV. "She brought my dad up." Zatanna said with a hushed voice, her head dropping. "And then I-I blamed ber for his death, and now shes blowing my phone up asking for where I am and-" she stopped herself, her eyes tightening. "Tom and Kate keep asking me where Im staying while Im at school, Steve nearly dragged me into the car."

Zatanna ran a hand through her hair and parted it. Megan put a hand on her shoulder "Its okay, we all get into fights." the girl said, and Zatanna shook her head. "I-I know, but after she mentioned dad, I dont think I could ever look her in the eyes again." Megan sighed, and shifted closer to her friend.

"You don't have to, just go back, shes worried." Zatanna sniffled and nodded "No shes not, she doesnt love me, shes manipulative! And a psychopathic liar!" anger was taking the teen over, her hands turned into fists and her brows furrowing.

Megans grip on her shoulder tightened "Hey, hey, calm down." Zatanna was shaking, and Megan was speaking calming words to her.

Meanwhile...Dick threw the bag of chicken whizzies to Wally, who with no hesitation, ripped the bag open and started devouring them.

"So, hows the whole 'Artemis Situation' going?" Dick asked, eating a handful of popcorn. "Barrys going to Ollies today to talk to her." the redhead answered while he was eating.

Dick hummed in response. "Does she like it with Ollie?" he then inquired and Wally shrugged. "I try not to ask her about that stuff." the redhead replied honestly, "I don't want to remind her of her past constantly." Dick nodded, before flipping through the channels.

"Are you going to be there while shes being questioned?" Wallys eyes widened and he shot up out of his seat. "Thanks for reminding me!" he yelled back to Dick, and ran out the door.

Dick gave the redhead a confused look before shrugging and looking back at the T.V.