Chapter 17

One Week Later

Luckily for Dick and Wally, by the time spring break was over they were able to go to school.

"You don't need to carry my stuff." Wally insisted, but Artemis wouldn't budge, pointing to the red and yellow cast on his arm, with names all over it. He rolled his eyes but kept going on.

He would constantly flinch, it was because of his broken ribs, it hurt whenever he tried to breathe. It usually takes them six weeks to heal, and he could definitely not wait for those weeks to be over.

"You know, my moms going out of town tomorrow." He said, leaning up against the locker and smiling at Artemis. "Yes I'll come over and take care of you." She said, still walking.

He groaned and walked up to her quickly. "Babe, I dont need you to take care of me." Artemis smiled at him and stopped. "Anything I can do to make this a easier-I will." She gave him a small kiss on the lips and stopped in front of his class.

"Have fun, and I'll be back to carry them after class too." He went to say she didnt have to, but by that time she was off, handing him his books.

Wally walked into the class, a smile on his face as he set down his books. "At least she cares about you, man." Wally turned on his heel before giving a disgusted look.

"Cameron." He said, eyeing the teen up and down. Cameron didn't move, and gave Wally the same treatment. "I thought you moved." The redhead stated, sitting down, using every bone in his body to not punch the teen.

"Had to come back. You know, it's weird seeing Artemis with-"

"Someone who cares about her?" Wally cut him off and Cameron's eyes widened for a moment before promptly shaking his head. "I cared about her!" He claimed and Wally couldnt help but laugh.

"No you didn't, especially after what you did to her." Cameron looked around to see if anyone had heard what the track star had said.

"I-I was caught up in the moment." Cameron defended, flustered. "You took advantage of her! Theres no coming back from that!" Wally practically screamed, now people were hearing in on the conversation.

"You deliberately got her drunk! Dont act like it was an accident." Wally stated, pointing a finger at his chest. Cameron opened his mouth to speak but Wally cut him off.

"Shes woken up crying because of you! Calling me at 3 in the morning and hating herself for not stopping it. She thinks it's her fault!" Cameron was speechless "Believe it or not, your actions have consequences."

Meanwhile

Megan sighed and shook her head. "Come on, I think this will bring everyone together." One of the other cheerleaders tried, but Megan wouldnt budge. "Just think about it." Megan just smiled and politely took the invite.

It was a party at Linda's. Most of the school was invited. Most of the school was coming. She was sure though, that she and her friends wouldnt go. They had no reason to.

When they all were at lunch Megan showed them the invite and Zatanna laughed. "This is clearly some type of plan to come at us." The raven-haired girl stated.

"Well, then let's make a contingency plan." They all looked over to Conner "Or more of a revenge thing. If she does come at us we'll be prepared." He said simply with a shrug.

"We wont need one, because we're not going." Artemis said, shrugging her shoulders. "If we dont then Linda will find a way to do it later." Artemis wrinkled her nose in thought.

"The Wall-man loves a good party." Wally said, shrugging and Dick elbowed him. "Hey! I havent been to a party in months!" Wally complained.

"Well you'll have to wait another week, and about this plan." Zatanna said, moving in closer, the rest of the group did the same as they shared ideas on how to go about it.