1:11

April 13th, 1994

April 13th, 1994. 1:13 P.M.

I had feet kicked up on the dashboard, flicking through a magazine I found in the glove compartment. The car passed through a town, and even more towns after that one. The only saving grace was the red flickering on the gas monitor, indicating we had to eventually pull over to fill it up. Only Dallas wasn't too happy about it, "Damn rich sleaze couldn't even fill up the tank." He grouched, pulling into a gas station. "Maybe, here's a thought. He didn't expect his car to be stolen."

"Blah Blah Blah." He mimicked, filling the tank up with gas. I rolled my eyes and walked into the gas station. I scan through the aisles, searching for anything to take with me. The teenage boy at the counter watched me, I gave him short smirks as I passed by to the next shelve. I found a rack of sunglasses, and began to try them on, one by one. I eventually found a pair I liked, "How much?" I asked the boy. His gaze expanded like he was shocked I had spoken to him. I hold them up and repeat, "How much for..." halfway through the sentence I find the price tag, and begin to giggle seductively, "Oh. Here it is." I suck on the lower lip, and prance over to the counter top. I leaned right over, allow the cleavage to push together, "If it's okay with you..." I straight his name tag on his chest, "Dylan. I'm going to take these glasses, for free." All he can do is nod frantically. I laughed, pointing over to the bathroom door and stepping inside. I was suddenly beginning to realise the serious talent I possessed.

Outside, Dallas found a payphone around the corner of the block. He dials up a number and begins speaking to the person on the other end, "Man, how the tables have turned. I need your help. Money and shelter for a few days. You think he'd let me stay? Would you ask? Thanks man." Afterwards, I waltzed out sporting my new red rimmed sunglasses over to Dallas who had been waiting. I puckered my lips in the sideview mirror, before jumping into the car seat. Just down the road, we pulled up to a bank where someone was waiting for us.

A lean man with little brown hair all greased back and a youthful face stood up from the stairs, he shoves his hands into his denim pockets as we approach. Dallas goes in for a hug, they wrap their arms around each other. On closer inspection, this guy had greenish grey eyes and was no older than sixteen, "Boy am I happy to see you." Dallas says.

"It's been too long. Who is this?" the boy turns to me. "I'm surprised you haven't seen us all over the news by now." Dallas responds, "That is Bianca."

"Trust me, if Darry or Soda found out you two were here and I was helping you. I'd be hung." they both chuckle. I shift uneasily, not feeling the greatest,
"Soda? Darry? What peculiar names." I said. "Well, you'll be surprised to know mine."

I widen my eyes, interested to hear it,
"What is it then? It can't be that bad?"

"Ponyboy."

"What? Ponyboy... like a horse?"

"You've got a smart one, Dal." He elbows Dally's side, they both snickers. "Exactly. My father was a very creative man." Ponyboy checks the watch dangling on his wrist, "Listen, the bank closes in ten. We better get a motor on." I followed them up the grand entrance and took a seat in the lobby while they dealt with business. I picked up a magazine and began to scan through it, bobbing my legs up and down.