1:1

A warning has been put on this story. You're now responsible for yourself, read with caution.

April 12th, 1994

April 12th, 1994. 1:03 P.M.

A vause crisp breeze, sun flakes blew through my stubborn locks as the car cruises down the road to absolute freedom. Wherever this mighty highway takes us, is where we wanted to be. I had undeniably dreamt of this sort of rush for years on end. Somehow, I made it happen without even planning. Fate took control in the end, leading me right up to this moment.

No robbery of a pharmacy, or cheating scandal could beat this thrill of a lifetime. Not many people can experience this, that means they'll never understand. I'm at last a free spirit without a fixed address, a soul to hold me back or a single care beyond the people I love, in this wild universe. All I needed was the man next to me to sustain this independent desire.

I gazed at the fresh faced beauty in the drivers seat. His vision remained on the road ahead, he's got a hand on the padded steering wheel and the other hung carelessly out the window with a cigarette burning between his fingers.

He's still the plain Dallas in the morning, with the smoking habit and piercing tanned orbs for an iris. Today it was evident that a weight lifted off his shoulders, he even sat more relaxed, talked smoother and loved me like he couldn't do before.

He's behind the wheel of an old car, driving it fast down a highway neither of us knew the name of. I tried not to look at the signs, I wanted it to be a mystery. The soft music plays from the stereo, cool jazz which is nearly unheard from all the gravel banging the side of the car.

I twist up my legs on the dashboard, trying to release the tension like he had been able to do. I still looked up to him, that never failed. I laid my head back on the seat, and shut my eyes, allowing the air to fill my lungs with something other than the sick, stench of tobacco.

My thoughts were dashed and divided like a million stars in the night sky, as I reminded myself of what happened earlier this morning. The last couple of days hadn't gone well, espically this morning to be exact. My entire family found out about the affair I had been having with my oldest sister's fiancé. To make matters worse, it was on her wedding weekend.

I wondered if they'd spilt already but remembered the severity of the incident. How can someone be trusted after all that? I knew I wouldn't be. Dally and I had dashed out, escaping the blow I would've been given If I did in fact stay. I had no idea if they'd searched for me yet, or even cared If I went missing.

Thankfully for this stolen car, it will get us far enough to switch out. I just hope we won't be caught. All I need is a couple of hours distance between them and us.