8. Not In A Million Years

I apologize for the delay!  I  haven't been writing because I've been so focused on everything else in my life. I mean--I turned 18, graduated from High  School and I've just applied for University! To top it off my first exams are on October 15th  so I might go MIA for a while. I'm currently on a two week break so I'll definitely be writing more and I hope you like this chapter! I'm not completely happy with how it turned out but I don't know...I'll let YOU be the judge of that :) 

Anyway, I hope you COMMENT the verdict, LIKE and FAN! :)

************************************ 

8. Not in a million years

Blake’s POV

Classes had been great. Overall I’ve been great. It had been four full days since I’d seen Noah—including the weekends of school and when Monday came through my windows with the blinding light that is a brand new day I was pretty confident. I even decided to wear a dress today—a flowery patterned dress that had criss-crosses on the back as its main design. I added flowery patterned wedges and smiled at myself in the full length mirror. This was the girliest I’d looked...ever.

“You look nice.” My aunt commented and I flashed her a smile as I dug into my eggs. “So the police have found new evidence on your parents murders.” She says quietly and in a matter-of-fact manner.

I drop my spoon and stare at her. “I don’t want to talk about it, not today. I have a great feeling about today so I just can’t handle...any of...this.” I said with finality. She nods and I finish my cereal then put it in the sink without saying good bye to her.

She knew I hated the topic—I get it, they were trying to solve something that clearly involved me but couldn’t they drop it? I’d been in two foster homes, three orphanages and two different detention centres. If my parents ‘murders’ wanted me—they could have me right where they wanted me. Why now? Why were they doing this to me when I was just about to get my life started?

I slammed the door of my new shiny black Mercedes—Yeah, I used to have a second hand but my Aunt didn’t think it was good enough. Especially since people were bound to notice who I was. See when I was little I would have grand parties for my birthday—my parents had hired clowns, giant jumping castles—the works, hell they even hired a carnival for a day just for me and my six friends. But I was hidden from the spotlight because I was a target—kidnapping, etc. That could have happened to me but it never did because I was hidden.

And now I was out in the open—looking like my mom isn’t a very good thing from everyone’s point of views.

I didn’t and couldn’t really care. If I could shout YOLO then I would. I was trying to live my life now—pick the pieces up and start afresh. It wasn’t that I resented my past—the time after my parents died—I’m actually pretty proud that a has-been rich girl like me had survived the roughness of the real world without turning into a drug addict or prostitute.

I rounded up the school parking lot and found a decent parking space. When I noticed it.

It was terrifying.

There they were a swarm of paparazzi that might as well have been their own species. Okay so let me clear something up—I knew they were paparazzi because I wasn’t stupid, I disliked watching T.V. but that didn’t mean that I didn’t watch it anyway so I was pretty up to date with some of the things that had been happening. But this only meant one thing. Paparazzi in a small-rich-suburban-school?

Noah Hunt must be back.

“And here I thought today was actually going to be good.” I mumbled as I slammed the door—again—of my car and walked over to the school. The paps paid me no attention until a familiar sounding voice screeched.