16. A Long Time Coming

Last one for tonight :) Dedicated to: Remenissions for all those votes you put on my wall :) Thanks :) 

4 Chapters Left! :)

Vote, Fan, Comment :) x, Hilda

P.S. I haven't edited, nor have I proofread, please point out mistakes (that is if you can) :) x 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

16. A Long Time Coming

Three Years Later, New York City
Noah’s POV

 “Sam?” I called, as I entered my apartment in the Upper East Side. I groaned as I realized I smelt bacon burning and immediately wanted to throw up. Sam couldn’t cook for anything.

I sighed, setting my keys down on the side table as I took my shoes off and entered the apartment completely, shutting the door behind me. I took a deep breath and wished that I had enough oxygen to last me a few hours whilst I tried to get the smell of burning breakfast out of the apartment.

“Sam, you better hide.” I warned as I entered the archway that led to both the sitting room and into the kitchen through another archway. I heard a hearty chuckle and smiled to myself. Seriously? “Sam, don’t bother hiding you moron, I’ll find you anyways.”

 Another chuckle followed my warning and before I knew it, I jumped into the kitchen, only to find all the windows opened, air flowing through it. I took a deep breath, loving the semi-over-polluted air of New York City, the sound of taxi drivers beeping out, screaming at each other over the traffic. I smiled. This was the life.

 “Sam?” I sang, “where are you, you complete moron?”

 Suddenly, I felt a waft of air at the back of my neck, hands over my eyes and honey scented breath hitting just below my neck. A smile began to form in my face as I turned around, lunged and tackled the body that held me on the wooden flooring and used myself as human shield in order for the body to not have a chance at escape. My smile grew wider as my eyes connected with a pair of pale blue ones that flickered with life and amusement.

 “Hey baby.” I smiled, my breath hitting her cheek.

She grinned. “Hey stranger.”

 “I wasn’t a stranger last night, was I, Sammy?” I asked, winking at her, causing a deep scarlet blush to take over her features. “Did you miss me?” I asked teasingly.

 She rolled her eyes. “I missed eating.”

 “Ah, then Noah Hunt is here to rescue you, my fair maiden!” I grinned and leaned down, pecking her on her lips, smiles on both our faces. “Pancakes, milady?”

 “Pancakes.” She confirmed.

Sam was amazing. She was spectacular, awesome, stupendous. Every good word you’d find in the dictionary—every made up word you’d find in the dictionary…well, that was what Sammy was. Samantha Brown. My roommate. My girl.

 “Thinking too deeply again, pretty boy?” I winced at her question  as she used the nickname I hated the most in my life. Sam didn’t know why but I hated it for reasons that included a gorgeous pale blue eyed delinquent I once I knew.

 Blake.

 In the past three years plenty of things had changed. I’d quit Hollywood with the praise of my family and decided on finishing my senior year through homeschooling. Most people created rumors that I’d been so wound up on ‘the little delinquent girl’ that captured my heart and died—most people said that because of Blake’s passing, I started going crazy, drinking and taking drugs and had been sent to rehab, ending my very short teenage career.