Prologue *EDITED*

EDITED VERSION (TO BE PUBLISHED MID 2013) 

KEEP UP WITH THE STORY FOR THE EDITED CHAPTERS

**************

Prologue

Noah

 “Congratulations Noah.” Mr. Clementine said, shaking my hand. “We’re glad to have you on board.”

I let it go and gave him an award winning smile. “No, thank you! This will be such a wonderful opportunity.”

We left the room with my Steven—my agent, still talking about the things I have to do. We had just signed me off with a one year deal as the new face of Abercrombie and Fitch. It was a great opportunity. As soon as we got the call I immediately got excited. This would be a new project that didn’t involve too much off my time—plus, it wouldn’t clash with senior year.

You see, my name is Noah—Noah Hunt. Originally, I’d devoted my life to my career. It was my dream—to be big, recognized everywhere, to get all the perks of being famous. Hollywood called me their very own ‘golden boy’. My parents, my siblings—they loved what I’d become and what I’d reached. They were proud of me. Girls everywhere wanted me and to be truthfully honest, I liked that.

Ignore what everyone else says. Being famous is all that. Being famous is the thrill of your life…except for when being famous takes over your life. 

I loved acting. I was honestly thankful for what I’d reached—what I’d become. But the thing is, the tabloids, the fact that every move you make is followed and judged…it gets tiring. It gets hard and life becomes hard and blurry. There were super freaky times in my life when I’d shut my eyes and see flashing—the cameras, I mean. I’d have nightmares of the tabloids, the next lies that the media would create about me.

It was terrifying.

But this deal I made with A&F would change my career…for at least a year. I was holding things off because of the overwhelming excitement I would face.  Senior year. Instead of facing the craziness of waking up to my face and seeing more lies I would wake up to drama. I’d wake up in my home town, see my family and be with them every day.

 You miss that, you know. You also often miss true friendship and true relationships.

In the media, to take publicity you’re told to perform crazy acts that sometimes, it would seem as if you were selling yourself to the devil. I missed companionship—having a real girlfriend that I don’t have to date because we look good together, or I need to help boost publicity. It wasn’t the fact that I wanted a girlfriend…it was the fact that I just want a girl to call before I go to bed that wasn’t my mother.

I was looking for all the perks in high school. The perks and the dramas. This was something I was definitely looking forward to.

                                       Blake

“Don’t get sent back here this time Blake!” Johnny grinned with a toothy smile. I wouldmiss this guy.

 “Naw, Johnny! You know you’ll miss me!” I said, leaning in for a hug.

Johnny, the guard who’d watched me for the sixteen months lightly pushed me away, saying that it was against policy to make that kind of contact with the lock-ups like me.

Carl, my personal jail-guard huffed behind me, his baton pushing on my spinal cord, practically asking me to leave as soon as possible. I glared at him but he only scoffed. His job was to lead me out of the facility—immediately and as fast as possible. I was lucky I was even getting out this time—after the prank I pulled with those no good sons of bitches.

This was last time I’d be in these halls. I promised myself that I would now be good—not make friends and keep to myself. The key was to isolate myself completely so as to never get in trouble. After all, it wasn’t my fault I was here…my parole officer didn’t believe me of course but I was always at the wrong place—with the wrong people, at the wrong time.

Sighing, I looked back. I was confined to this place—Melville Girls Detention Center, for sixteen months and until two weeks ago I was going to be thrown out of this place and have no place to live. That is until Dr. Hunt, the court psychologist appointed to me found my family. I don’t know whether to be happy or sad that I was going to be reunited to family…to someone I’d never, ever met in my life. 

I slumped my shoulders and readied myself for the cruel world. I was sure this wouldn’t end well.  What delinquent would want to go to a new school after being kicked out of one? What delinquent wanted to be told what to do? Not me.

That was how everyone saw me anyway. A ruthless delinquent. Good for nothing.

I would try though. To prove them wrong. To prove I was better than this. Not only for my future but also to honor my parents. They meant the world to me—my old life meant the world to me. I guess I’d just have to settle for this.