Will mehendi turn dark?

Roli POV:

Its my Mehendi function...

I sat in the middle surrounded by our friends & relatives...

Few were singing songs playing instruments...

Small girls were dancing...

Mehendi designer started putting mehendi in my hands...

My cousin sat beside me & started teasing...

'Designer... hide his name well in the mehendi...' my cousin said...

'Sure...' Designer said and started writing his name hidden between the design...

Now my cousin looked at me...

'Roli.. dont let him to touch you without finding the hidden name...' she said...

I was irritated why she is talking about him touching me again...

Then i remembered him telling me not to mind if anyone of them tell me anything about touching or anything else...

I just kept quiet...

'Roli... lets see how much dark the mehendi becomes...' this is my another cousin...

'So what if its dark or not...' i asked her...

'Dont you know... If mehendi is dark then it shows your husband will be so much affectionate to you...' she explained...

'Is it...' i asked widening my eyes...

'Yes... lets see how dark your mehendi becomes.. then we can understand how much he loves you...' she continued...

I got upset...

Does this mean.. if the mehendi is not dark.. then he wont be affectionate to me...

I am really worried now...

Design was finished...

'When i can remove this...' i asked the designer...

'Keep it till evening... ' she said & added some liquid above the mehendi...

Others started putting mehendi while i was just sitting looking at the mehendi...

I was pushing the time very hard to remove the mehendi & see how dark it comes...

I badly want it to be so dark...

What if it wont turn dark...

The thought itself was giving tears on my eyes...

I worried none should see the tears...

I lift my face and turned towards my shoulder to wipe the tears on my shoulder as my hands were having mehendi... i saw him just coming out of his room...

I swiftly wipe the tears on my shoulders which i think he might have noticed...

He raised his eyebrows & ask like what???