━ ten.

CHAPTER TEN

Sydnee, to say the least, hadn't been expecting Stephen Strange to knock on her door on a Monday afternoon. All that had been on her mind was taking care of Kara. Oh- and also, finally sitting down to watch some trashy romance movies on lifetime.  Hell- she'd even got some chocolate out to munch on as she watched. But that would all have to wait because for now, she had to deal with Stephen Strange. 

" Hello, Sydnee- was I intruding on anything?" Stephen greeted her when she opened the door, dressed in a pair of jeans and a dark blue sweater. Sydnee's eyes widened- and she struggled for words. Stephen's eyes went from confident, to curious as he looked down. Sydnee realized she was wearing one of her stupid novelty shirts - unfortunately, the "vegas bikini body" print that she'd gotten with friends years ago, and fuzzy purple pajama pants.

Sydnee leaned against the door pain, crossing her arms to hide the abhorrent shirt. " Oh no- nothing. I'm just here at home, um doing nothing."

"OH DAVID!"

Sydnee's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. She forgot- she still had the movie on, and the volume was turned on loud to drown out the busy streets of New York. It wasn't her fault that the characters on screen were a moaning mess - and they couldn't have come at a better time. She thought very sarcastically. Stephen furrowed his eyebrows and pointed towards the inside of her apartment.

" I'm going to guess that's what's on the TV, not-"
"Yeah you're right I'll be back- come in I guess," Sydnee dashed quickly towards the inside to turn off the TV, and sit down on the couch. She was mortified, to say the least - and who better to do it in front of was Stephen. "Fuck." She muttered under her breath, putting her hands over her face and basking in her shame.

Then she realized Stephen was still there- and she looked up quickly.

He stood awkwardly in front of the door, looking around the house to avoid her eyes, and holding his phone in his hand awkwardly. He brushed a piece of dark hair from his face and began to whistle softly waiting for Sydnee.

" What do you want?" She croaked, her voice quieting down in embarrassment. Stephen looked back at her and seemed to remember why he'd traveled all the way from his Sanctum to a small Harlem Apartment.

"I've made progress on Kara's ailment," He began, his eyes brightening. " I was looking through some books and I found something exorcism."
Sydnee could have squealed- she was sick and tired of looking at her kid miserable in bed. She got up from the couch, beaming. " Oh my god- wait that's fantastic. Finally dear god-"