Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Abby Casal

Chapter 4

~Valerie's POV~

The credits rolled down the screen and Abby and I stood up. We made our way to the exit of the cinema.

The very moment I stepped out of the cinema, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my phone.

It stopped buzzing and I just stared at my phone which lay flat on my hand. Just after a minute, it started ringing again. I looked at the caller ID to realise Zayn had been the one calling.

I quickly answered my phone "Hello?"

"Why'd you take so long?!" Yelled a voice I was sure wasn't Zayn's.

"Calm down Lou, I was watching a movie." I answered. Abby walked to my side and mouthed "Who's that?"

I covered the mouth piece and said "No one important." Abby nodded and nudged me to start walking and so I did.

I removed my hand from the mouth piece "Hello, Louis are you still there?" I said

"Nope!" Niall said with a long 'O' and a loud pop at the 'P'

"Oh well hello there Ni!" I said

"Valerie, Liam is asking where you're at?" Niall said

"I'm at the mall with a friend." I answered and Abby turned towards me

"Oh..." said Niall

"Well if that's all I'll be leaving now." I said 

"Wait! No!"  they all yelled in unison.

"What?" I said, getting impatient and started to tap my foot on the ground.

 "Well...erm... we were just wondering whether you were having lunch out or at home..." Harry asked in his slow voice.

I thought for a second and quickly answered "I'll be having lunch out." I heard them sigh and Niall suddenly piped up "Where?"

I looked towards Abby "Where do you want to go have lunch?"  I asked. Abby simply shrugged.

"Not sure yet and why are you guys even asking?" I asked as I wasn't really sure why they asked.

"Oh okay, well nothing. We just wanted to know..." Zayn said

"Well then, I think I should go. Bye boys see you later at home!" I said and they all said goodbye in unison.

I put my phone back into my pocket and walked up to Abby. "Hey, really sorry I took a while there." I said

Abby turned to me and smiled "It's okay" she nudged my arm with her elbow and continued "So boys... How many and why are you going to meet at home?"

I laughed and answered "Woah back up, these boys are my friends and we all live together in one house and there are five of them."

Abby nodded her head sarcastically "Friends... what are their names may I ask?"

I fumbled with the hem of my shirt. Should I tell her who I'm friends with? What if she was some big fan girl and won't stop bothering me about meeting them? I swallowed "Um... I can't tell you. It's a secret!"

Abby grabbed my arm and tugged "Please?" with an innocent smile plastered on her face

I bit on the inside of my cheek and decided to say it "My friends are..." I muttered

"Who?" Abby whined childishly, still clinging to my arm.

"Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam and Zayn!" I said in a rush as I hoped no one else heard. I closed my eyes the very moment I finished as I was afraid Abby might yell or something. I heard nothing and I slowly opened my eyes to see her frozen on the spot with her mouth open and her eyes staring blankly into space.

I laughed a little and waved my hand in front of her face and she snapped back. "Are you serious? Girl tell me you're joking!"

 I laughed and put my hand on my hip "No, I'm not joking." Abby's eyes widened and she started jumping around. "Are you serious?" she kept asking.

"Yes I am and will you stop!?" I said and grabbed Abby's arms to stop her from jumping around in the mall.

She finally stopped and started bugging me "Can I meet them? Please? I promise I'll be nice!" I sighed and made up my mind "Later, but first lets go for lunch."

Abby groaned and suddenly grabbed my wrist and started running. Obvious enough, I ran as well. "If we're going to have lunch lets make it quick!"

-x-

We both stood outside Nando's Abby still gripping wrist. "Really?" I asked. I've never eaten at Nando's but I've had the boys bring home some food for me. It was good but by the time I ate it, the food was cold already.

"Yep." Abby nodded. She pulled me towards the door and a guard opened the door for us. I looked around the place, the place was half full but Abby apparently didn't care. She walked up to the host of the restaurant and asked if there was still a table for two.

The host called a waiter over and told him to lead us to an available table for two. Abby looked at me and smiled "This is going to be fun."

I nodded and looked away as we walked to our table. We reached a free table and we both sat down. The waiter offered us a menu each and we scanned through the menu.

Once Abby and I had made up our minds, we were about to tell the waiter our order when suddenly someone yelled. I looked around to find out that five well-known guys had just come inside and guess who they were?

A/N: Really sorry for not updating in so long! I really wanted to update but never found the time! Please leave some constructive comments, would love to know how it's going as well! Fan/Comment/Vote please! :)) x