Chapter 9

I wake up to the sound of kitchenware clattering and awful singing. Rubbing my eyes and slowly getting out of bed, I open the door.

I make my way down the stairs and to the kitchen to see the boys clanging pots against pans or wooden spoons.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!" I yell over the noise.

They stop and start laughing "Don't you know what it is today?" Louis asks, a smile plastered on his face.

"Umm... Thursday ?" I suggest, but really I wasn't even sure if it was Thursday.

"No silly! It's your birthday!" Niall yells and it instantly got me thinking.

I shake my head, "No, it's not my birthday."

Harry comes up to me and puts an arm around me "Yes it is! June 15th right?"

I look up at Harry, my brows furrowed "My birthday is on July 15th, not June." And I watch Harry's smile fade into a look of frustration.

He turns to Zayn and yells "I told you it wasn't today!" I laugh and Harry looks down at me and I continue to laugh. He stares at me and I feel the other boys staring too "What?" I ask.

"Well, for someone whose birthday was just forgotten you seem quite calm about it." Niall says, rubbing the back of his neck.

I continue laughing "You guys don't know how many times you've forgotten my birthday." They all look at me and I try to stop laughing.

I didn't know what was happening until they all came towards me and hugged me. Ahh... Group hugs with these boys. Always too tight and since I was the smallest, I always get squished.

Finally wriggling out of their tight grasps, I heave a sigh of relief "Now come on, lets go get ready."

We had planned on going to the beach all summer but never had the chance since the boys were always busy. And since today we were all free, might as well be the best time to go to the beach.

I ran to my room and so did the boys. I got changed into my bikini and put clothes over. Packing sunblock, extra clothes, a mat, towel and shades into my beach bag as I got prepared.

"Valerie! Come on let's go!" I hear Louis yell and I dash out of my room and out the front doors.

We all got in the minivan with Harry driving, Louis sitting shotgun and the rest of us seated at the back rows.

I was at the very back with Niall whilst Zayn and Liam sat in the middle row. I take my phone out and plug in my earphones. As I start listening to songs but The Cab, I lay my head on Niall's lap and close my eyes. This was gonna be a long trip, so might as well get comfortable.

-x-

"Wake up sleepy head, we're here!" Zayn says as he pokes on my cheek in a successful attempt to wake me. I rub my eyes and sit up, I look at Niall who is also asleep and shake him awake.

We were soon all out of the car and on the beach. I had laid out my mat and made myself comfortable as the boys ran in and out of the water, trying not to get hit by the waves.

As I sat there watching Harry trip again and again, Louis and Zayn laughing furiously and Liam making sure Niall was okay; I saw a girl walking towards me.

She seemed vaguely familiar. Long black hair flowing over her shoulder, her small eyes slightly covered by a pair of round shades and her white skin blinding me. "Abby?" I ask.

She ran over to me and sat by my side "I heard about what happened to you, are you okay?" Her hand on my shoulder.

I nod and flash her a smile "Yep, it was nothing, just a minor concussion." A smile on her face, she sat down properly and I ask her "What are you doing here anyways?"