Being Claimed

(You are free to give me ideas and I will edit them in) In the books, it never says how Apollo kids are claimed so I'm going to write some ideas for the possibilities of claiming. If I like an idea in the comments I'll ask for permission to edit it into the chapter.

- I like to think that the Apollo kids are each claimed differently. Like, depending on what trait they have of the god.

-Some of them don't really excel at either medical, musical, artistic stuff usually get a sun above their head. But some get laurels or even background music when they are claimed. For these campers, the claiming only lasts a few seconds.

- One time a kid started to cry out of frustration because they were around their crush and "Kiss the Girl" started playing out of nowhere.

- Kids that are good archers get a glowing yellow bow and arrow above their head. It isn't that much different from the way other cabins (like Poseidon and Hephaestus) are claimed. 

- But much like the kids that love music, they get a bow and quiver that has an infinite source of arrows when they are claimed. That is after a lot of prayers (a.k.a complaints) to Apollo.

- The kids with musical (vocal) talent have music notes surrounding them every time they speak and it annoys them so much and they just try not to speak too much.

- Especially when they are training as Will told them once that other campers had to go to the infirmary. This is because the musical notes leave burn marks wherever they touch the skin of another non-Apollo camper.

- Which caused a lot of confusion when one touched an unclaimed camper and they didn't get a red scar on their skin. They immediately after had a glowing sun above their head.

- The kids that are excellent healers and often work in the infirmary. Healing other campers, they get a sudden glow around them. 

- This makes it slightly hard to look at them directly without seeing their silhouette for the next few minutes and if you are unlucky enough might be blind for the next minute. Which is why there is a new sign at the entrance of the infirmary that says: "If you feel a sudden wave of warmth near you DON'T LOOK! It is an Apollo kid being claimed."

- Kids that have a strong passion for music. Not singing, but playing an instrument or just listening to songs have a lyre appear over their head. Then it just sort of drops down into their hands and becomes their favorite instrument or merch of their favorite band.

- Wich results in a lot of golden colored instruments littering the floor of the Apollo cabin and that the kids that get a bow and arrow above their head now need to get a bow and a quiver as a present.

- Some campers just start speaking only in Haikus out of nowhere. It's hard for other campers to realize so Chiron and other Apollo kids have to point it out. Especially since these are better Haikus than Apollo's usual poetry.

- Even after the effects of the claiming, the whole camp thinks their Haikus are better than Apollo's. But they rather not say that out loud.

- Overall, all of cabin 7 jokes that Apollo's favorite pass time is to embarrass his kids. He really embarrassed one of his kids when they were being teased about their looks and their sexuality. Considering they were pansexual.

- After it wasn't enough for the kids to shut up when the whole Apollo cabin came to defend them. The god himself appeared and made the kids be able to speak only in Haikus and horrible poetry for a month. That along with being sick for the next three weeks. The kid apparently is the rare kind that can see the future nearly at will (<pun not intended. Sorry Will).

- This kid and maybe like three or four more in the Apollo cabin can see the future. They all do in their dreams and stuff. But it's usually just tomorrows breakfast, or whenever someone is going to trip.

- But these rare kids can see it whenever they want. Like sometimes it comes like a daydream sure but also if they want to and they just get a thumbs up and a neon sign that says "Into the Future" above their head.