Chapter Two: "You're Late"

*Yay new character!  Writing a man's point of view again.  Quite enjoyable.  Either way, let me know what you think of him at first, since he'll be sticking around for the rest of the story.  And of course, I will be writing his POV again.  Votes and comments are very much appreciated, thank you very much!

I can't believe this is happening to me, Alistair thought as his boots trumped down the steps into Hewa.  It was great that he had finally made it to the city Rima was supposedly in, but he was absolutely exhausted.  Now wasn't the time to rest, however.  It was some time after noon, and despite how tempted he was to just find an inn and collapse onto the bed, he gripped the straps of his pack tighter and continued to weave through the throngs of people crowding around in the streets.  He was already here.  Might as well try to find Rima when he could before night fell.

This is stupid, he thought to himself.  I spent two days walking through a desert by myself because I’m late for a magical Prophecy and missed Rima.  This isn’t supposed to happen.  Horrible.  

Alistair sighed as he pulled back his hood and shook out his hair, ruffling it as he reached for his water skin and quickly taking a swig of the warm water before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

He shook his head and pushed past a couple of women who had placed their hands on his arms and chest, their faces graced with smiles of sensual promise.  Also tempting, considering their beauty and the scant clothing they wore.  And though he had no doubts that the women would provide pleasure and comfort, Alistair couldn't afford any distractions now.

 Despite this, he couldn’t help but allow his mind to wander back to his encounters with the courtesans in his town.  He grinned to himself when he remembered how he had lost his virginity five years ago.  It had been an incredibly pleasant experience, but then again… he had lost it to a skilled courtesan.  He’d told the most famous courtesan in his town that he intended to bed her more than once the night he lost his virginity to her.  She had been so intrigued by his answer that she agreed to sleep with him free of charge.  He did end up having sex with her multiple times.  He lost count.

To this day, he was still proud of such an accomplishment.  The courtesan had been so satisfied with his “size” and intuitive skill that she requested more from him.  In return, she would give him more privileges at her brothel and would also teach him techniques and positions.  At first, he had tried to keep it down.  But he visited the brothel so often that his notorious sexual prowess in the town was unavoidable.

So he lost all of his friends, since they all considered him a threat whenever girls introduced themselves.  He only ever bedded willing widows and courtesans, however.  Why waste his skill and knowledge on virgins?  He still hadn’t bedded a virgin yet and never planned on it either.  When his family came to know of what happened, his father had merely laughed and slapped him on the back, “You remind me of how I used to be when I was your age.”  His mother…  Well he could imagine what his mother would say.  She would have stressed the importance of self-control until marriage.  Alistair sighed.  He missed her.

He had been extremely excited to see Rima after ten years.  He still was.  Alistair’s lips twitched as he remembered their training together.  Though he was eleven at the time, he had been drawn to her cute charm and fiery determination when they had first been introduced.  She would be the Guardian who would find the others born for the task given by the Prophecy, and Alistair was to protect her at all costs.

When he was a boy, he had come to love the way her large eyes widened in awe as she performed some simple spell, the way her lips would pout whenever she didn’t understand something.