Chapter 11

Chapter 11

            When I wake up my head is pounding. I slowly stand up and look around. I am in a dark room with no windows and a door that is shut tight. I walk over to the door and pull. It doesn't budge.  

          I squint hard and look around. Lying on the ground are two people completely covered in darkness.

"Who's there?" I ask

"It's me," answers Tara standing up and rubbing her head.

"And me," replies Dustin.

"Where are we?" I ask my head pounding behind my eyes.

"You're in our cell," I hear a voice announce.

          The lights suddenly turn on and I am blinded. I cover my eyes with my hands until they have adjusted. I look around the room. We are stuck in a thick concrete, four-walled cell. There is a giant glass window that we can't see through but I know that our capturers are watching us behind the glass. In front of me is a thick steel door.

"Where are my troops?" I snarl.

"Oh they're all getting work done."

"Work?" Tara asks confused.

"You will see soon enough."

"Is this Illium?" Dustin asks.

"Yes it is."

          I can see Dustin and Tara's faces fill with fear and confusion.

"Oh you thought you destroyed us well it takes more then a little pathetic army to destroy us."

          I clench my fists together tightly until I can't feel my hands anymore. The voice laughs. The laugh sends shivers down my spine as I close my eyes. 'This is not happening' I tell myself.

"What do you want from us?" Dustin asks menacingly.

"We want what you took from us. We want your lives."

"And how will you take those?" Tara asks.

"As we speak our scientists and doctors are putting little devices in your troop's brains. All expect Kane and Drina they seemed pumped at the idea."

"What idea and what devices?" I yell looking around.

          I was getting sick and tired of their games.

"The devices that are placed inside your friend's heads are brain control devices. They allow us to tell your troops a command and they have no choice but to fulfill it. And we chose to not do this to you three since you're all the leaders and we wanted you to suffer more."

"What is this for?"

"Well, when we are done with the surgeries we will release you and your friends and if we tell them all to attack one another they will, but it's all about our strategy and how we tell them all to play."

"That's sick!" Tara yells.

"And Kane and Drina liked this idea?" Dustin whispers.

"Yes they did. They seemed excited. Those two really are bloodthirsty. We admire them for that."

"So you're just going to let us go when the time comes?" I ask, confused.

"Yes. But there will be some surprises for you?"

"Surprises?"

"Well, you are in our city and it's enclosed with insanely sharp barbed wire which makes it impossible to get out. We call it the Death Cage and this allows us to release things on you."