Ten

Harry looked up from the couch as Lexie walked into the room, Grizz walking in right after her.

Allie had a stoic expression on her face, sitting closely to Harry on the sofa. To be fair, it was a big sofa that Harry chose to set himself down in the center as close to Allie as he could. She was more calm than he was at the moment.

Lexie took a seat opposite from them in a vacant chair, Grizz standing a few feet away.

"You missed our last meeting." Lexie started, avoiding Allie's eyes as she focused solely on Harry.

"I'm sure Campbell handled things on my behalf." Harry said.

"The fact that you made a promise to the council on being a more responsible mayor and then ditch the next meeting a few days later over your prisoner? That's highly unprofessional and immature of you."

"It's just one meeting." Harry pointed out.

"Don't make false promises if you don't intend on carrying them out."

"Harry took me to the clinic." Allie said.

Lexie narrowed her eyes at Allie, ignoring what she said. "You're a prisoner. Why are you here?"

It took everything in Harry's willpower to not snap at Lexie. Snapping at her would only prove her assumption that he was getting close to his prisoner. Allie felt him tense next to her, and she decided she had to step in to ensure he wouldn't go off on her. That wouldn't be good for anyone.

"I'm his alibi. I had a fever over 100 and Harry had to take me to the clinic. He wasn't there because he was with me, watching me, to make sure I didn't plot anything behind his back." Allie explained.

"I don't believe you." Lexie said.

"Ask Gordie and Kelly. They were treating me." Allie said, narrowing her eyes at Lexie to challenge her. Lexie looked away from Allie, focusing back on Harry, who was looking at the blonde next to him in awe.

"Is this true, Harry?"

"Yes." He nodded, glancing at Allie in surprise.

"Why didn't you send someone from the Guard to tell me?"

"I don't have to tell you everything." Harry said in annoyance, narrowing his eyes at her.

"We're co mayors Harry. We need to start trusting each other more if we're going to make this work."

Harry pointed at her. "That's where you're wrong. The only reason I decided to take more responsibility was because you decided to be reckless. You can insult me and yell at me all you want, but taking Allie as my prisoner is the most clever move in my part. You and I both know that. Which explains why you're acting like this."

"I'm not acting like anything."

"You're scared. Of Allie." He said, slowly putting the pieces together as he glanced over at the blonde sitting patiently beside him.

"You couldn't be more wrong." She snapped.

"You always have been. You're scared she'll turn me against you." Allie looked to Grizz, who only shook his head at her.

"Yes, Harry. I'm worried that you taking her as your personal prisoner will affect you more than you realize."

"I would never do anything to hurt Harry." Allie chimed in, still looking at Grizz.

"Intentionally."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Harry snapped.

"Don't miss another meeting, Harry." Lexie said as she stood up, not bothering to match his anger.