Seven

Allie studied Grizz's reaction as his stoic expression gradually turned into one of dismay. He didn't meet her eyes at first, trying to put the pieces together in his head. Grizz never would have assumed that Campbell was providing Harry with drugs. He knew they were pretty close, and didn't think anything of it because one was psycho and the other one was an asshole. A psycho and an asshole would make the best of friends, and therefore would make the best duo.

"I think Campbell is manipulating Harry." Allie continued.

Son of a bitch. Grizz thought to himself, unaware that he was shaking his head in disgust.

"That explains how Harry suddenly became one of the mayors."

"You missed it all. Campbell was controlling not only Harry, but Lexie, just to imprison me and Will and take Elle back. With Harry and Lexie in charge, he can do anything he wants now because without him, none of this would have happened."

"I'm sorry I wasn't back sooner. I should have waited until after the election to leave."

Allie reached over and squeezed Grizz's hand reassuringly. "Don't apologize. I'm just glad you weren't there to betray me."

"The Guard is shit now, Allie. Absolute filth." Grizz said. He was disappointed by how quickly the Guard took a complete 360. Grizz made it clear to Lexie he didn't believe what she and Harry were saying, and therefore, Lexie temporarily relieved him from the duties of the Guard by placing him in the new land for the past few weeks to work strictly on the current and upcoming projects on the land.

"Luke is just.. confused. He was manipulated by Campbell as well. If we can turn him, then we can turn back the rest of the Guard. I know they aren't big fans of Lexie, or Harry for that matter." Allie said.

"But they'll listen to Campbell." Grizz pointed out.

"You're right. He's the puppet master."

"And in order to get to the puppet master.. we need to get to his puppets." Grizz added, a plan suddenly formulating in his mind. But little did he know that that plan was what Allie was already working towards.

"Oh my god. Did you get sick on purpose?" Grizz asked in a tone of astonishment, purely joking around with her.

Allie laughed. "No. I'm glad I did though."

"So do you think Harry will actually get you out of here?"

"With Campbell's support, yes. I also want to help him, Grizz. He needs to break away from Campbell's hold. He's confused."

"Good luck with that."

"I also have Gordie and Kelly's support on this." Allie stated, looking up at Grizz with her wide blue eyes.

"And you want my support on helping Harry."

"I need you to go to the council meetings whenever they happen. Take someone's shift if you have to so you can be in the church. I need to know what Campbell or Harry say. And gain Lexie's trust back. Tell her that she was right on everything about me."

"Are you only helping Harry just to turn your back on him and take control again?" Grizz asked, slight disappointment in his tone.

"No, God no. Do you really think that low of me?" It was Allie's turn to sound disappointed.

"In the state of our society right now, I wouldn't be that surprised."

Allie sighed, leaning over to rest her head on Grizz's shoulder.

"I don't think I'd want to be in charge ever again."

"If you can turn Harry to your side and get rid of Campbell, then you won't have to."