Chapter 4 Hogsmeade

Chapter 4

When the buzz about Hogsmeade started I realized one thing, I had no guardian. My forms were unsigned, and I’m not sure the orphanage would have signed them anyway. Harry took his concern to McGonagall, but I knew that would go badly. I headed up the stairs to Dumbledore.

“Professor,” I said calmly. “I have a question about Hogsmeade.”

He turned to me with a raised eyebrow, “Did you call me professor?”

“Umm, yeah,” I said sitting down. He gestured for me to continue, “I don’t really have a guardian or anything, so my forms aren’t signed.”

He sighed and sat down, “Well dear, there will be a few students staying behind and for right now I think you should be one of them.”

“Why?” I asked.

He looked me in the eyes and I wanted to squirm.  “The Ministry of Magic is concerned for the safety of three students in particular. I’ve been asked to keep them in the castle.”

“We aren’t in any danger!” I said astounded.

He nodded, “I’m aware of how you feel on the matter, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. If I allow you to go I’d have to allow Harry to go, and they feel particularly strongly about him staying in the castle.”

“Fine,” I said quietly, “So Harry, Hope, and I will be staying?”

“Correct. Hope will, however, be working on something with Professor Sprout that she missed.” He said. “Have a nice day.”

On Halloween when the day rolled around Harry and I were feeling quite disappointed, and after being lectured by Filch we were in an even sourer mood. As we trudged back to the common room Professor Lupin called us into his office.

“Cup of tea,” He offered us. “I was just thinking of making one.”

“Alright,” Harry said quietly. I nodded politely.

“Sit down you two,” He said taking the lid off a tin. “I’ve only got teabags I’m afraid. Although, I daresay you’ve had enough of tea leaves.”

“How do you know about that?” Harry asked.

He chuckled, “Professor McGonagall told me. You aren’t worried, are you?”

“No.” We both said. He obviously didn’t trust us. He hadn’t let us do anything with the boggart day after day.

“Anything worrying you?” He asked.

“No,” Harry said. After a moment he stopped drinking his tea, “Yes. You know the day we fought the boggart?”