Chapter Two

"Make sure you take care of yourself!" Reena said, giving her daughter a worried look.

Milly laughed and shook her head.

"I'll be fine, Mom!"

"Don't forget to make sure to show up those princes. They've got nothing on you!" Tedros said to Theresa.

"Do not sneak into the School for Evil," Agatha said, "even if it's to see your girlfriend."

Theresa grinned and winked at her mom.

"I'll think about it."

"Make sure to show them you're both leaders," Hester warned.

"Don't focus on your crush!" Hort said with narrowed eyes.

"Stick up for yourself when you need to!" Dot said.

The carriages rolled up and all their parents pulled their kids into hugs... even Hester pulled her twins in and Anadil smiled slightly.

The children piled into their carriages and waved goodbye.

About fifteen minutes later, several carriages arrived.

"Do they know?"

Laughter ensued.

"Of course not."

~

Theresa laughed and pulled Amber into the carriage with her, making Axel and Hilda sigh.

Milly invited Hilda to join her while Axel joined Nathan.

That left Serenity and Dede.

"I missed you, Amby."

Amber blushed deeply.

"I told you not to call me that."

"And I told you that I don't care."

Amber rolled her eyes.

"Why do I like you again?"

Theresa grinned and pulled her closer, connecting their lips.

"Oh. Right," Amber said with a small smile.

"Maybe I should remind you again," Theresa whispered, pulling her back closer again.

~

Hilda awkwardly glanced at Milly and tried not to remember the last time they'd been this close.

It had been when they had the fake No/Snow Ball earlier this week.

She still couldn't believe that she had let the other girl convince her to dance.

She didn't dance.

She was a true Never, so of course she would never do that sort of thing.

Never again.

~

The ride to the School for Good and Evil was relatively short and they were all there soon after.

Hilda ignored how she saw that Amber's hair was a bit messed up and how Theresa had a somewhat (okay, completely) smug look on her face.

Amber had started growing her hair out recently and Hilda had no idea why.

Could you hear the sarcasm?

It was clearly because of her new girlfriend that had Hilda gagging every time they were within fifteen yards of each other her.

"I'll miss you," Theresa said.

Amber shoved her and tried to pretend she wasn't smiling just slightly.