Chapter Thirty

Can y'all believe that we made it this far!!! Shakabra!!!! We did it!!!! Do you think I can publish this one by Sunday? That would mean three chapters out this week. Is it possible? Only time will tell. I am starting this one on June 7th at 8:33 pm. Now let us see if Sunday is possible.

Now let us get down to the nitty gritty and get these love birds home.

Love you all!!!!!

Trena

Beck's P.O.V.

Home. We were finally home!

    Zoey parked the car in a spot in the driveway and my mom ran out with Lily in her arms to meet us. "Y'all are home! I missed you so much!"

    Lily jumped into my arms and thankfully because I was still sitting I was able to hold her. "Daddy!"

    "Hey baby girl!" I was so grateful that she was always still so willing to come to my arms. I was terrified that my baby was going to forget who I was. "Were you a good girl for grandma?"

Zoey jumped up, moving to the back and started taking our bags from the trunk.  I could hear my mom whispering to Zoey, talking gently as she pulled a suitcase out of the trunk.

The rear view mirror let me see that their mouths were moving, but the angle didn't do much to let me read the actual words their mouths were making.

Mom started hauling a bag up to the house and Zoey came over to the car where I was still sitting. "Are you okay to hold her while I run things into the house? I don't want your arms to get to tired, I know that you have had to use them a lot more recently and I don't know if she is hurting them."

I always had thought her rambling was cute, but it was starting to bother me. I can take care of my own daughter. I have been for a while and something as ridiculous as my damaged back was not going to stop that.

"Zoey, relax. I can take care of Lily on my own while you go into the house. She is my daughter, pretty sure I can handle holding her." I hadn't meant to snap at her, but the words just came out that way.

"Fine. You do that." She picked up her bags and walked towards the house.

"She is my daughter. I can take care of my own daughter." The words grumbled out faster than I could catch them.

Lily just sat their peacefully, pushing the buttons on the dash. The lights lit up and my little girl giggled when the music turned on. "Daddy!"

"Do you like the music?" I turned it up a little, letting her listen to the music. The song ran out and the next song came on, I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith. It was the song that I would singer her to sleep with when she was a baby, that was how I had gotten her to sleep the first time and it had been my go to song when I couldn't get her to sleep.

Her little head bobbed to the music, showing me that she obviously recognized the song that was being sung. "Daddy."

"Does Daddy sing you this song?" I asked her and she nodded her head quickly.

I saw my mom go down the back of the car, grabbing another bag from the trunk and rush back into the house. Zoey came over to my side of the car and leaned in to grab her purse from where it sat by my feet. "Mommy!"

Lily flung herself into Zoey's arms, giggling as she was swept up by my wife. "Hey baby. Are you listening to music with Daddy?"

I had known Zoey for most of my life, but I had never seen her look so beautiful in her life. Her hair was in a messy bun, her clothes were rumpled from the car, but I knew that she was happy in this moment. "Zoey. I think I need that welcome home kiss now."

She visibly gulped. Possibly swallowing her fears? Heaven only knows why this would cause her fear.

My hand went up to her cheek and pulled her closer. My lips landed on hers and I gave her a small kiss. "Welcome home baby."

    "Welcome home Beck." She flipped Lily onto my hip and went to grab my crutches from the backseat. "Now let's get this little one to bed."

I slipped my crutches under my arm and let her hand on my shoulder help me out of the car. That was definitely something that I would always appreciate about my wife, she was a comfort, not trying to do everything for me.

Zoey locked up the car and went forward to open the front door, holding it wide so that I could go through first and Lily said my name the entire way. "Daddy."

"Do you want Daddy to put you to bed?" I asked her slowly, trying to figure out if it was something I could do in my current state.

"Why don't I go get her in the bed and grab her a bottle while you go lay down." Zoey proposed quickly. I had never been more grateful that my bedroom was on the main level of the house. The embarrassment of crawling up a flight of stairs was not something I wanted to experience today.

Okay I royally fail! I tried for Sunday, I really did. But as you can see it didn't happen. I really tried to do it, but I was working really hard to get ready for my move and I didn't manage it.

I also got shingles for the second time in a year and I have slowly been dying. It is an awful experience. It is a version of chicken pox that effects your nerves instead of your skin. So I look fine, but am dying on the inside.

I got to speak to my honey last night and it was so great, he has been training the last few weeks! So maybe I had a few distractions to my week that also put me behind schedule. What can I say, I have a weakness to hot guys with dreamy eyes.

I signed up for the watty2019!!!! Share your support if you love my story.