19

Sonic's POV

I walked back down the stairs and followed shadow's father. I followed him into the backyard and watched him sit down on the bench that was standing there. It was covered with a small roof so it hadn't gotten wet. I sat down next to him and leaned with my elbows on my knees. "what did you want to say?" I asked and faced him. He was looking at the moon. "i want to talk about shadow." He said and frowned deeply. "oh. what's wrong?" I said as he obviously caught my attention. I had a bad feeling about this talk. "how much do you love him?" He asked catching me off guard. "uhm, well...i haven't felt like this about anyone i've ever met." I said truthfully. "i see. shadow had told you about his childhood didn't he?" He asked and crossed his arms over his chest. "yes, he did, why?" I asked as my feeling about this talk got worse. "did he also tell you about that failed experiment?" He asked and i nodded. "it was the experiment that cause all this." He continued and looked down. "caused what?" I asked. "shadow had a hard time healing when his body had broken down." He said. "maria had told me." I said and stretched my back. "shadow's body has been weak ever since. shadow doesn't know because the doctors only told us." he resumed and closed his eyes. I had a feeling that i knew where this conversation was going. "even the most smallest disease can have a big effect on him." He said and looked back up to the moon. I looked down to the ground. "knowing this...knowing that shadow can be brought down by even just a small cold like he did today. are you still willing to be with him?" Shadow's father said and faced me. "of course i am." I immediatly said. He smiled a sad smile to me. "you'll have a hard time if you live together with him." He said still sad smilling and got up from the bench and walked back inside. I watched him go and then averted my gaze to shadow's window. "i don't mind. i don't mind at all." I said and walked inside aswell. I walked upstairs into shadow's room and laid down on it. I wrapped my arms around shadow's waist and hugged him close. I fell asleep listening to shadow's harsh panting.

Months passed by and the end of the school year was approaching. knowing our summer vacation was soon going to approach someone had gotten an idea to spent it. "go camping?" I said and watched the white bat and pink hedgehog sitting opposite from me nod. It was lunch break and me, shadow, tails, knuckles, rouge and amy were sitting at a table discussing what to do when summer vacation would arrive. Everyone got excited about this whole camping trip. So we had decided to do it after all.

When we had finished our lunch and still had some time left, me and shadow had decided to sit on a bench to enjoy the warm weather. Shadow closed his eyes and enjoyed the sun. I watched him and remembered the talk with shadow's father. He had been right. It had been a difficult time. During these months shadow got sick alot. To make things worse, tails had told me that shadow hadn't been enough days on school because of being so sick alot. And that meant that shadow wasn't going to the next year. He said it himself that he wasn't sure that it would happen or if that shadow would get to the next year. But he still said that there was a big chance. Shadow didn' tknow that though. He thought that everything was going well. "what's wrong?" Shadow asked as he noticed my concerned look. "nothing's wrong." I said smilling. "oh, okay, if you're sure." He said and closed his eyes again.

Shadow's POV

I didn't get why sonic was so worried. I was fine, why was he so worried all the time? it annoyed me a little because i had no idea why. But i guess only time can tell when he'll finally tell me why. We heard the bell go and got up. Sonic wrapped an arm around my waist and we walked towards our first class in the afternoone.

After school we made our way to my house as usuall. to make our homework and to just hang out together. I had gotten a tv on my bedroom. maria had convinced her parents that i would need one when sonic stayed the night here. But instead of staying just one night, sonic had decided to stay a few days with me. maria was staying at a friend's place aswell and her parents were off on a bussiness trip for a few days. So we had the whole house to ourselves.

Me and sonic were watching a movie together in my room. It was a good movie. Nice characters, nice plot, nice effects. We were starting to get to the climax. But sonic got bored of the movie and found something better to amuse him. I felt him kiss my neck and stroke my sides. "sonic, i'm watching a movie." I said a bit nervous. Even though we had been together for months i was still a virgin. But sonic obviously thought that it was time that i lost it.