29

Sonic's POV

I looked at shadow's sleeping form. I was pretty surprised. To think that he wanted to be a mother already. Of my child noneteless. That was a big thing. He should've thought twice about it. He knew that i still had to start my senior year. So why want a kid already? It didn't make any sense. Why not enjoy life while he can? If he would've had my child then he couldn't do anything apart from taking care of the kid and staying stuck at home because of it. Maybe shadow wanted to hurry it up because he wanted to enjoy motherhood instead of just being a teenager while he still could? Is it because he didn't have a normal childhood that he doesn't know how to act as a normal teenager? I was in deep thought thinking about that till i fell asleep.

Shadow's POV

The next morning i woke up and looked at sonic who was still laying on top of me with his head on my chest sleeping. I smiled and petted his top quill. he could be so cute at times. I softly pushed him of off me and dressed up. I crawled out of the tent and walked towards the shop at the entrance. It was mine and sonic's turn to buy some food, but i didn't want to wake him up so i decided to go alone. It was only breakfast and lunch so i think i would manage.

I arrived at the shop and walked inside. I looked at the small line at the counter. Then i went to look around in the shop for something to eat. I gathered some for all of us and went to the counter to buy them. Then i made me way out of the shop and into the camping site again.

I had almost arrived back when i suddenly heard a voice call me. I saw sonic running towards me. "there you are!" Sonic yelled and stopped in front of me. "is there something wrong?" I asked confused at sonic's panic. "yes there is! you can't go and dissapear on me like that!" He yelled and grabbed my shoulders. "i'm sorry, i went to buy food." I explained. "you should've awoken me." Sonic said frowning and pulled me into a hug. "something could've happened to you." He said and stroked my top quill. He was obviously still on the whole you-are-to-fragile-to-even-walk-thing. It annoyed me, but i let it slip for once. Sonic helped me carry the food back to our camp.

After breakfast we had all packed our stuff back up. We had planned on going back home today. So we had already packed up. I had called maria's parents to tell them that i was coming home. We started our way towards the train station again.

Once we had arrived at the train station i had to ask for our tickets back. I bought them and walked back towards the others. We then walked towards the train's stop and waited for the train to arrive. The wait would've been boring if sonic and our friends wouldn't have been here with me. Our train soon arrived and we boarded it. We all took our seats and talked away about various stuff. Mostly about our camping. We all had alot of fun. It was a shame we had to go home again. But we had to spent some time with our family aswell.

It was late when sonic had dropped me off at home. We were standing in the doorway. Maria's mother and maria herself were hugging me telling me that they had missed me. I always felt really happy when they said that they missed me. I felt really loved on those moments. Maria's parents and their daughter went back inside to leave the two of us alone. "i guess i'll see you later." Sonic said smilling and turned around to walk off. "you don't mind that i go to your place sometimes next school year, do you?" I asked and looked down nervously. "why would you want to?" Sonic said and turned back around. "because i want to help you take care of your place. senior year will be really hard on you. so i want to help you with chores." I said in all honesty and smiled at him. "if you're bored i guess you can." He said and turned back around. I grabbed his collar and pulled him back. Sonic was confused at first, but he wasn't after i kissed him. Sonic kissed back and laid his hands on my waist.

After a while we pulled away and smiled at eachother. "i'll see you soon." Sonic said and turned around again and left. I stood there and watched him go. For some reason i felt sorry for him. I didn't know why.

Sonic's POV

I felt really lucky having someone as caring as shadow as my mate. Thinking about him made me smile. Shadow's urge to have a kid already made me think. I would surely make his wish come true, but only when i was certain that we were both ready. And i knew that day would come quickly. I smiled and made my way home.

Making my way home was easy. It was easy till i saw the police car at my front yard.