Chapter 10: Balance

Author's Note: This chapter will be about Hikaro's struggles after what happened in the previous chapter. AND TRIGGER WARNING: There will be hallucinations, delusions, and PTSD in this chapter. I'm not sure how this chapter is going to go exactly. I do have a basic idea in mind, but I'll figure it out as I go. I usually do that anyways, hehe. ~ Dana

_______________________________________

It is very hard for me to talk about what happened after the Alterers invaded my planet. But, I will talk about it because this needs to be written down for history. And, because I have found that writing these things down helps me cope with it all.

I remember hearing a female voice say, "Wake up! Wake up! I know that he's alive, but he won't wake up." And another female voice add, "Oh look! He's waking up!" I opened my eyes very slowly, my vision going from blurry to clear. I saw two girls on their knees looking down at me. One was wearing a pinky purple crop top and purple baggy pants, the other a lot of red and gold colors and with her hair tied up in a ponytail. They both had black hair and black eyes. I'm not sure what was wrong with me, I immediately sat up and began backing away from them. "Don't touch me! DON'T TOUCH ME!" The girl in the crop top tried to calm me down and said, "Hey, hey! We're not gonna hurt you! We just wanted to make sure that you're ok." The other girl didn't say anything and looked worried. I was panting and began to sweat, but then I felt a really bad pain in my chest. "Aaaaagh! It hurts!" I was clutching my chest and the girl with the crop top spoke again, "We know that you're injured, so we just wanna take you to the hospital to get taken care of."

I snapped at her and said, "And how do I know that you're not lying!? How do I know that you're not one of them!?" She looked confused and said, "What? What do you mean by 'one of them'?" I could see the genuine confusion on their faces, and didn't know what to say. I started to calm down, and said quietly, "I'm sorry for snapping at you, and for freaking out. But, you don't know about the Alterers?" The girl with a ponytail said afraid, "Alterers? They sound scary!" The other girl reached her hand out to the ponytail girl and said, "It's okay, Kale. We're going to figure this out." The girl responded, "Okay, Caulifla." Caulifla then looked at me and said, "We're going to take you to the hospital first, then once you've recovered a bit you can tell us more." I quickly nodded my head and they took me to the hospital.

The hospital, or rather, hospital that was turned into a safe house, was filled with Saiyans affected by the invasion. We were at the end of the line. The line was so long that it extended out of the hospital and on the sidewalk. Caulila complained, "Are you kidding me!? Ugh, sorry man, but we're going to be here for awhile until we can get some help." I saw all the other people that were waiting in line. It was terrible, seeing Saiyans of all ages waiting in line to be treated. But then I had an idea. I said to Caulifla, "I can heal these people." She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and said, "What? You can heal people?" I raised my voice loud and clear and announced, "Excuse me, everyone! I have the ability to heal. Please get into a-waaah!"

Everyone that heard me rushed over to me and were begging me to heal them. I then said nervously, "Please, everyone! Just get in line and I'll be able to help all of you..." People were shouting at me, saying things like, "My wound is bad! Take me!" And a mother with her child said, "My baby is dying! She needs help right now! Think about the children!" An old man said bitterly to the mother, "I need help first! I want to make it out of this alive! I'm an old man!" Everyone began arguing with each other, until Caulifla lost it and yelled, "HEY! You all should be thankful that he even offered! So why don't you all get line, wait your turn, and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" Her energy was so strong it pushed everyone off balance, including me. Everyone stopped arguing and reluctantly got into a line. Kale was biting her nails the entire time, not saying a word - she wasn't handling all this stress well.