New Home

The Destroyer

I don't like the heat, and I don't think I ever will. Having to march through the core, with bubbling lava everywhere is not what I call 'a good time. But I persevere on anyway.

I try to push up the sleeves of Ink's long sleeve shirt, but immediately regret it. I forgot about my injured hand and in trying to move it, I cause my self a lot of pain. I hold my injured hand close to my chest and march on. Waves of heat hit my face and the sweat on my non existent brow grows.

If only the Judgement Hall was back in Snowdin, then Sans wouldn't have to travel that far. I wouldn't have to travel that far. I can almost see the red hot lava through the metal slats of the floor. One wrong move and I could end up melted. I walk faster.

I can see the waves of hot air and it acts as a physically resistance. I have already gotten this far, worked so hard, I can't stop now. I have done more in the last 24 hours than I have done in my entire life. Or at least that I remember.

I can almost see the end of the lava and the entrance for the core. I probably could have shortcut a little closer, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I don't want to add being lost in time and space to my list of things I've done today. The giant mass of machinery always seems to unnerve me. It brings to light the question of 'who invented the entire power grid of the Underground?' I pretty sure it wasn't me.

I walk forward and brace for the intimidating aura that the place gives off. The sheer size of the machine makes me feel like an ant. The knowledge that it has so much power, makes me feel powerless. But this time I don't burn it into a husk of its former glory. Instead I move on. I more through, staring in awe at the gauges and power capacitors. Who could have made such a complex machine and is not remember?

I hustle quickly through, not wanting to waste any more time. And before I knew it, I was out. Walking through New Home. I was hesitant to move forward. I can see the mobs of monsters roaming about. While looking at the people going in various directions in non sequential orders, I get nauseous. And the the first step I take into the street almost causes me to get knocked down by a pedestrian. All I have to do is get to New Home, make it through the Judgement Hall, check the symbols, and talk to Asgore.

Standing, no, hiding behind a pillar does not seem to boost my confidence. I need to go out there. I don't have time to be...scared.

I take a strong step forward and brace myself for impact. People dodge around me and all I try to do is keep a consistent path. The shouts of hello from civilians cause for need of stopping. But even amidst the mass of monsters, I push through. And before I could give up, I am at the entrance of New Home.
Hand on the door knob I take a breath of relief. With the turn of knob, the wooden door squeaks open. I finally made it, to the place of answers.

All I can hope for now, is that Asgore remembers them.