Chapter 16: Weird Talks

Aerlinniel POV

When I get back, I decide it would be a good idea to give my horse a grooming. She is a beautiful brown horse with some white patches and white stockings. I unsaddle her and grab the grooming brush.

While grooming her, I felt so peaceful. If felt good to be relaxed. I guess I had been grooming her for a while, because I hear Legolas come in to talk to me. I can dance that he seems nervous. I wonder why.

“Hello, Legolas. Did Tauriel know anything?" I ask without looking at him.

“She said that she didn't." He answers, stuttering a bit. Well that is unlike him.

“Do you think she is telling the truth?" I ask, trying to figure out why he is acting this way.

“I believe her." He says, a bit defensively.

“Alright thanks for letting me know." I give him a smile and get back to grooming my horse.

I listen as his footsteps walk away. “There is something very weird going on Elarinya. I am going to have to find out what it is." I whisper to my horse.

I pack up all of the grooming stuff and head to my room to grab my bow and arrows. I want to get some more practice in. I head to the place where I practice my archery. Luckily now I know my way around pretty well, so I no longer need help with that.

I say, “Take it slowly." out loud so I know where each of the targets are.

I hold out my bow and grab out an arrow, notching it on to my bow. I exhale slowly, pull back and aim, then I release the arrow. I listen as it flies through the wind and makes a loud thump when it hits the target.

I hear someone applaud, but it is far off. The person now walks closer, because now I can hear their heart beat loud a clear. It is Tauriel.

“You are very good." She says, trying to sound happy. But I can tell she is angry.

“Thank you!" I say. “What's wrong?"

“I just had the weirdest conversation with the King." She says truthfully.

“Oh, what was it about? If you do not mind me asking." I say. I am very interested in what happened.

“It's ok, I do not mind. He said that Legolas is starting to fall for me. I told him that Legolas thinks me no more than just captain of the Guard. King Thranduil said that he did once, but now thinks of me of more than that. I told him he would not let Legolas be with a Silvan elf like myself. And he said to me 'You're right, I would not. But still he cares for you. Do not give him hope where there is none.' And King Thranduil has now got me very confused." She says talking really fast and with some panic in her voice. Luckily, I still could understand her.

“I am confused about it too. But Tauriel, you really need to calm down. And not to be rude, but you were taking way to fast. It might be nothing to worry about."

“Uhh. Ok." She says then takes off running back to the palace. Leaving me standing there, thinking to myself,

What just happened...

~~~~~~

Hope you have enjoyed this chapter! Just to let you know, if you are really liking how I am updating so much. Then you have to thank pingufish for that. :) She has really gotten me back into writing/updating this book more. Thank you so much, mellon nin!!! <3