Chapter 8: Meeting Tauriel

This chapter is dedicated to: IamRosieH!!! :) She has a super  amazing book called: The ugly prince [Legolas Fanfiction]
This is what the book is about:
When Prince Legolas was cursed and turned in to a horrid monster the first thing he did was run. He ran to a small village where he became the local beast and blacksmith. He, expecting nothing from his new life, he expected to eventually die. In fact he wanted to. He missed his home, his father. Everything. But one day a beautiful elleth called Olympia walks in to his blacksmiths. And for the first time in Legolas' new life, someone looked past the ugly outside of him, and looked in to his heart.

It is an amazing book and IamRosieH is an outstanding writer and I think you should totally go read her book! :)

Aerlinniel POV

“Has anyone told you anything about how to find out how to break the curse?" Faelwen asks me.

“I remember my mom told to find someone but I cannot remember who. I really wish I did though. Maybe if I hear the persons name, I would remember. But for right now I just want to stay here and be able to relax and enjoy life for a bit." I answer her.

“We should do this every day. Go for a ride on our horses and then just sit and talk and get to know each other better." She says joyfully.

“I think that is a brilliant idea, Faelwen. We will definitely do that!" I say with enthusiasm.

“We should probably get going, it is starting to get dark out." She tells me.

“Before we go, I have one more question. Has Legolas found his Sole mate yet?" I ask. I am curios because he seems like such a nice guy and I think I just might be falling in love with him.

“I am not sure, I know that he has his eye on Tauriel. She was just given the Captain of the Guard position. I wonder why he gave it to her." She says.

“Probably because I said I did not want it. Well, not yet anyways. King Thranduil asked if I wanted to be captain of the Guard and I told him I would love to but asked if it could be in a few years cause I want to get used to the place first." I say.

“I totally understand that. Now let's get going." She says and we both hop on our horses and head back to the Woodland-Realm.

When we get back, I have Faelwen lead me to the Throne room. Legolas sees me and calls me over. When I get over to him, I immediately recognize his heartbeat. But there is another one that I don't recognize. “Aerlinniel, this is Tauriel. Tauriel, this is Aerlinniel." Legolas introduces us.

“It is very nice to meet you, Lady Tauriel. My friend, Faelwen has told me much about you. She said that you are an amazing fighter." I say while bowing to her.

She laughs and says, “It is nice to meet you too, Aerlinniel. You can just call me Tauriel. And I guess you could say I am a good fighter." She says.

“We should have a duel sometime." I say.

“That sounds like a plan. How about later this week?" She says.

“Sounds good. My friend also said you were given the position of the Captain of the Guard, I congratulate you mellon nin. (my friend)" I say.

“Thank you, I think we are going to be great friends." She says. I smile at her in agreement. “So Legolas, this is the person that you hit with an arrow?" She asks Legolas.

“Yes." He answers.

“I can't believe you are not mad at him for doing that." She says to me.

“Oh, I forgive him. He did not know who I was and it was just a natural instinct. It was not his fault. Besides if that did not happen, I might still be out there all alone." I say.

“Yeah, Legolas told me about what happened I am very sorry." She tells me.

“Thanks, Tauriel." I say to her. Then to both of them I say, “I am going to get some rest so goodnight to both of you."

“Goodnight." They both say in unison.

~three days later~

Ready?" I say to Tauriel. We are having a duel. Legolas, King Thranduil, and Faelwen came to watch.

“Of course." She says.

“Begin." She makes the first move, I hear it coming and duck out of the way. After she tries a few more times, I go at her. I do a back flip and when she tries to come at me, I knock her sword out of her hands. I hear it fly up in the and when it comes down I catch it. I then knock Tauriel to the ground and put the swords to where her neck is.

Then I let her stand up and hand her the sword back. “You are amazing, Aerlinniel!" Tauriel exclaims.

“Thanks, you are really amazing too, Tauriel." I say.

“I can see why King Thranduil wants you to be captain of the Guard.  I think you are either just as good or better than Legolas."

“I've been told that a few times." I say.

“Ready for our ride Faelwen?" I ask as I walk over to her.

“Ready as always!" She says.

Legolas walks over to us. “You guys go on rides?" He asks.

“Yes." I say, “We like to go for a ride then just sit and talk so we can get to know each other better."

“Oh, that makes sense. Have fun." He says and walks away.

“Well that was weird." Faelwen says.

“Yes, very weird." I say.

“Now let's go!" We head off for the stables.

~~~~~~

Another chapter just like I said! :) I hope that you guys liked it. I have trouble with writing the fighting scenes. Does anyone have any tips for me?

                            ~Ellethwen <3