Chapter 14: Losing My Friend

Aerlinniel POV

I had so much fun at Legolas' Party yesterday. It was the most fun I had in a long time. Faelwen and I decided to go for a walk in the Gardens. It was the perfect day to. Little did we know that this would be the last time we saw each other for a long time.

“Do you have any siblings?" I ask Faelwen.

“Yes, I have an older brother. His name is Naracion. But he is just like my dad. When we were younger, he would tease me all the time. Now he just ignores me and pretends I am not there. He even tells his friends that he does not have a sister." She tells me.

“Oh, I am so very sorry Faelwen." I say as I give her a hug.

“Do you have any siblings?" Faelwen asks me.

“I used to have a little sister, her name is Elarinya. (Ell-are-in-ya) She was a year old when the Dragon attacked our Kingdom. I searched for her, but could not find her. She was probably buried under all of the rubble." I admit to her.

“I am so very sorry for you too, Aerlinniel. Her name, Elarinya, is so pretty. What does it mean?"

“Morning Star." I tell her.

“Wow! I really like that name!" She exclaims.

I give her a small smile as I remember memories of me and my little sister. She  would have been about 2,827 years old now. I wonder what she would be like. I then hear someone's footsteps walking towards us. The heartbeat seems familiar, but I can't remember who it belongs to. I have a really bad feeling about this.

“Faelwen!" I hear the person's voice yell angrily and Faelwen gives a yelp. I now know who it is, Faelwen's Ada. I hear him slap her.

I walk up to him and push Faelwen behind me. “What do you want?" I hiss at him.

“I want my tinu. (daughter)" He snarls at me.

“Why? Haven't you already hurt her enough?" I hiss at him again.

“We are leaving to go to Rivendell and she is coming with me!" He yells in my face.

“Isn't she old enough to stay here? And to make her own decisions?" I yell back in his face.

“No! She is just a little girl and you have NO authority over me!" He yells again.

He then pushes me down to the ground. I hear as he grabs Faelwen's arm, and it must of been really hard because she let out a loud scream. I hear her crying as he drags her away.

I have no idea what to do. So I run to the Throne room to find Legolas. I feel as the tears stream down my face. I find Legolas and run over to where his heartbeat is.

“What's wrong, Aerlinniel?" He says in a concerned voice.

“Faelwen, her father took her. And he said that they are going to Rivendell." I says through sobs.

He gives me a hug and tells me, “I knew that her father was going to Rivendell, because my father is making him. I have no idea why though. I am sorry but there is nothing I can do, my father said so." He says and I nod my head in understanding.

I leave to go back to my room, Legolas calls my name but I keep walking. I get to my room and cry myself to sleep. My last thought being, I just lost my best friend. I have to find her.

~~~~~~

Hope you liked the this update. :)

                                             ~Ellethwen <3