Song Sang

Thanks for the comments and votes.

Though they had made her move to the house, the hut was still her favorite place to be. She thought it was a bit ironic considering some of the memories she had in that place. Still, every single day she would come here to get away, but one of them always found her.

"You're skipping lunch again."

Addison looked up from her book of preserved flowers to find Micah in the doorway of the hut. "Amoli is cooking and she always cooks that Ven pong pong stuff and she knows I hate it as much as she hates me." She dismissed. "I would rather skip the stomach ache."

"It is called Ven Pongal and I'll speak to her about it." He took a step into the hut, pushing his hat off his forehead and scratching it.

She kissed her teeth and closed the book. "Don't bother, that will only make it worse. They can think whatever they want to about me. Doesn't matter, they don't know anything." She shrugged.

"You're right." He agreed.

She didn't really need him to agree so she looked at him. "You look ridiculous in that hat." She couldn't help but say. Micah was wearing a bucket hat of all of the hats to wear. She had noticed ever since he started to take the pills and they started to work that his wardrobe seemed to change with his personality. He no longer wore as much black as he once did.

A light smile tugged at his lips. "This is my favorite hat." He claimed. "I diffidently didn't wear it to see if you insult me or not...no way." He turned to the side like he was trying to hide a smile. Addison rolled her eyes. "Come on," he said after seeming to compose himself, "you can't skip a meal. We'll find you something else to eat."

She let out a breath and stood from the bed with difficultly because of her enlarged stomach. "Do I have a choice?" she questioned sardonically.

"Of course, you will always have a choice." He said deciding to take her question seriously. He looked towards the ground. "Always." He repeated.

Addison ignored this because serious was anything but what she wanted to be at the moment. Setting the book back on her old cot she walked towards Micah and the door. He raised his hand when she neared causing her to subconsciously flinched which made him drop his hand immediately.

"You have grass in your hair." He said stiffly before exiting the hut.

Addison silently cursed herself. Why did she have to flinch? She knew that now he would act funny. He would likely be quiet and sullen for the rest of the day as he brooded. She and Kale called it his brooding state.

When he decided to care more about her fucked up life and start playing the eternal blame game, that was Micah's brooding state.

"Micah!" She followed him out of the hut.

"What's wrong?" He asked right away. He hadn't gone too far of course. She held out her hand to be helped down the few steps leading up to the hut and he hesitated before take her hand and helping her down.

"Nothing..." He let of of her hand and nodded before he started walking again. Addison followed still very much regretting flinching earlier but she couldn't help it though she thought she had moved passed the abuse Micah had inflicted upon her, she was still very much afraid of him or what he was cable of really.

She had decided to stay so she decided she shouldn't be, afraid that is. Micah wasn't 'Micah' anymore, he was different, even the way he walked was different she realized as she watched him walk ahead of her and in some ways that scared her too.