Chapter 7

Cover by Torieasy. She is on fire!

......................................................................

I woke up with a start, breathing heavily.

Another nightmare.

I sighed and checked the time on my alarm clock, it read 10:00am. I rest my head back on my pillow and drag my hand down my face.

Thank God it's the weekend, because I don't think I have the energy to get up.

These past few days passed with a blur, with the occasion of going to school and coming back to an empty house, since Dad didn't come back on Wednesday like he promised. Although, he called to inform me about it.

My trail of thought was cut of by my room door opening and Dad coming in.

"Dad!" I sat up surprised to see him. When did he get back? I voiced out my thought.

"When did you get back?" He smiled and sat down on my bed, opening his arms and I crawled into it.

"Last night, you were asleep and I didn't want to disturb you"

"You should have" I said breathing in his familiar sent of coffee and his favourite cologne.

He sighed, releasing me and kissed my  forehead.

"Honey, I am sorry for not coming back sooner and leaving you here alone. It's just that work and everyth---"

"Dad!" I cut him off holding his hand "I understand"

He looked at me with that forest green eyes I inherited from him, trying to see if I was really fine with it. He sighed and got up.

"I made your favourite breakfast, come down before it gets cold" I smiled and he left.

I went to the bathroom to freshen up, before going down to see Dad setting a plate for me. I sat down at the counter and he placed it in front of me. The plate was stacked with pancakes dripping with marple sauce.

"It looks delicious" I say taking a heavily sniff  "and smells delicious too"

He beamed and bowed before getting his plate and sat beside me. We ate in silence enjoying the mouthwatering food.

"So, I thought we could catch up tonight, we could watch movies like old times" He said wiping the corners of his lips with a napkin.

I nodded washing down the food with orange juice and taking our plates to the sink.

"Sure Dad, I would love that" I really love how he is trying to make time for me.

"Ok then, am going to the store to grab some groceries" He stood up going to get his keys but I stopped him.

"I will go, you go rest" He really looked tired, I think his work is really taking a toll on him. "I even need to get some school stuff" I lied knowing he won't agree to let me go.

"Alright, here is my credit card and the list. Be safe" He said kissing my forehead before going out of the room.

I rushed upstairs to get my shoes and my jacket before leaving.

.......

I dropped two boxes of Coco pops into the cart before moving onto the next thing on the list. I hope dad won't mind if I get three bags of oreos instead of one. We both know I am a sucker for those sugary goodness.

I moved my cart after adding the bags of oreos into it. I heard a ping from my phone informing me of a message. I fished it out of my jeans to see a text from Shelda asking me if I had any plans today. I texted her back telling her no. She replied almost immediately and I was about to read it, when my cart bumped into another cart. I looked down to see a boy probably 10 years old or younger picking up some groceries from the tiled floor that fell from his cart. I quickly bend down to help him.

"I am so sorry" I apologized.

"Teenagers these days, texting while wal---" I looked at him wondering why he stopped only to see him staring at me with a dazed look. "I think am in love" he breathed out not knowing he said that out loud.

I looked at him confusedly wondering if he was referring to me.

"You are so beautiful" he said again, sighing.

I chuckled amusedly, snapping my fingers in front of his face and he shook his head blushing furiously.

"Thanks" I said standing up, handing him his stuff. He was about to open his mouth when we heard a voice.

"Izzy!, I have been looking everywhere for you" I was surprised to see the new guy which I later found out was named Isaac coming towards us glaring at the young boy. He turned to me upon noticing me.

"Hi" I said trying to be polite.

"Hi" he said and turned to the boy "Let's go" he took the cart and the boy's hand and they started walking to the cashier.

"She is pretty, do you know her?" I heard the young boy say to him but I didn't hear his reply because they were far enough.

..................................................................
Beware, this chapter is unedited so pls bear with me.

Dedicated tokimmy-T and Torieasy. Love you both😘😘

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Love y'all

Succey ;)