Chapter 4

"Can I stay over at your place tonight?" I asked Shelly during lunchtime. We were sitted at our favorite spot, outside, under the oak tree overlooking the school's field. "I mean, my dad isn't going to be back till tommo-

"Es, yes you can, I don't even know why you are asking " she smiled and I smiled back gratefully.

My Dad has really been busy lately, especially this period. He has been burying himself in work eversince my mother died. But he still try to make time for me.

I ate the last piece of my sandwich and turned back to her, she was staring at the field intensely. I turned to the field to see what she was looking at. The football players were practising for their big season game next week friday. But my friend was looking at a particular person. Theo was running around with the ball with his teammates chasing him trying to collect it from him. I looked back and forth between the two of them and fully turned to her.

"Am I missing something?" her eyes quickly snap back to mine.

"Huh? What are you talking about? " she tried to act confused. I arched one of my eyebrows not convinced at all.

"You and Theo? "

"Me a-a-and Theo what?" she stammered tucking few locks behind her ear.

"Shelly am not stupid, I have seen the way you stare at each other " I said loving the way she was squirming.

"Arrgh curse you and your observing powers " she scowled at me. I laughed wiggling my eyebrows.

"So? "

"So nothing, observant-pants " I raised my hands in surrender.

"I will find out sooner or later " I taunted looking at the sky and smiling at the thought of my bestfriends together.

A tingling feeling of someone watching me made me turn to my left, I met the eyes of the new guy. He was sitting on the bench close to the entrance of the cafeteria. His lean but muscled arms folded on his chest, gazing at me. What troubled me was that he didn't even bother to look away.

His dark hair looked as if he ruffled it several times. He wore a hoodie that still showed his impressive biceps over dark jeans.

He was still staring, his face emotionless. I raised a eyebrow at him and the corners of his lips twitched before it faded, but he still continued staring at me. What's up with this guy. I quickly turned away because his gaze was so intense.

"Ladies, watching your man play? " a familiar voice asked and I looked up to see Theo making his way over to us.

"Puh-lease, I was so not watching you" Shelly said rolling her eyes, but a little blush formed on her cheeks. He sat down in between us

"Oh no you weren't" he cooed pinching her cheeks. Her face grew more red and she swatted his hands away from her face.

I shook my head at my friends' cuteness and turned to the mysterious new guy, but it looks like he left. The bench he previously sat on was now occupied by a group of girls, eyeing and giggling as they watch the boys on the field.

I turned back to my friends to see them wrestling each other, Shelly was grabbing the dried leaves from the ground and was trying to shove it into Theo's mouth. What made me awwed was the smile on their faces. I quickly grabbed my phone and took a picture of them. They turned to me on hearing the sound of the click.

"Did you just take a photo of us" Theo asked from his position beneath Shelly. I shook my head trying to hold my laughter. They both looked at each other and before I know it, they jumped on me. A startled yelp escaped my mouth and I laughed struggling against them.

The remainder of lunch was spent play-wrestling with my bestfriends uncaring of the watchful eyes. They made me slightly forget my pains. I don't know what I would do without them.