Chapter 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can trust my friends, these people force me to examine myself, encourage me to grow- Cher

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

It’s quiet when I wake.

At first I’m only aware of a throbbing surrounding my neck, my hand reaches up of its own accord and my fingertips brush against raised skin, I wince, dropping my hand after I realise it hurts. “It won’t help doing that, you’ll only make it worse,” my eyes snap open and I jump up, seeing Suzie stood in front of me smiling weakly. “Your sister is on her way, I called her a while again.”

My eyebrows furrow as I try and remember why I’m here. Then it hits me, Hunters. My face pales and I look towards Suzie “What happened to the Hunters?” I ask weakly.

She takes a seat on the pale sofa opposite me “I don’t know, I was more focused on getting you out of there. I could sense something wrong in the air, I can control air, if you didn’t know. I was sat outside, I do most nights and try to sense what’s happening with the Hunters. The air can be useful for that, it travels everywhere after all, so it knows what is happening with most people. When it came back I sensed some close by, and I smelt blood,” she closes her eyes and puts a hand on her forehead, her lips parting slightly and she continues “I knew it was yours. It was a witches and I thought of you first, I don’t know why. I just did. And I ran, as fast as I could and I got there just in time. If I were a moment later they would have slit your throat,” a tear runs down her cheek, I stand up and wrap my arms around her fragile body.

“Shh, It’s ok Suzie. I’m alive after all!”

She takes a shaky breath and smiles at me with red eyes “I know. I would just hate to know that you died and I could have stopped it, it would just tear me apart. I’ve already lost my family to them, I can’t lose you too.” Suzie smiles sadly at me.

I hear the front door open and footsteps walk towards us, my guard is automatically up and I spin around but am stopped when I see Skye walk into the room.

Her dark hair is pinned up in a bun and her eyes gaze around the room “Helloo, is any-” she stops when she sees me and Suzie hugging still. Skye grins and folds her arms “Aw, witch love. Anyway, why did you call me here Suz?”

We unfold our arms from one another and I turn to my sister, the grin on her face vanishes and her grey eyes widen “Pippa, what the hell happened. Mum and dad are going to freak when they see that… that thing on your neck!” she emphasises her point by gesturing to her own neck.

                I smile slightly and hug my sister tightly “I had a run in with Hunters.” I whisper in her ear.

                She pulls me off her and runs a finger over my neck, her eyebrows crease and a feel a slight vibration emit from her fingertips, her hand pulls away after a few seconds she speaks “What are Hunters, I’ve never heard of them before?”

                “They are witch Hunters. They killed my family, your parents will know of them but may have chosen not to tell you of them. To keep you safe perhaps,” Says Suzie standing up off the sofa “You should go home and speak with them.”

                Skye takes my hand and thanks Suzie for helping me, she practically drags me back to the car. Once were inside the car she turns around and her eyes are alarmed “What the hell were you doing facing some murderers without any of us?!”

                “I didn’t plan on it! I was dreaming, or a vision, I don’t know what it was, it felt like a vision but I was brought into it. Then suddenly I was facing two Hunters and they were trying to kill me!” I say frustrated. I really didn’t know what happened, the Hunters seemed to know what I was without even seeing me, were they really that good? If so then I didn’t stand a chance if I ever met one again. And I’m bound to at some point.

                “You’ve never been in a vision in person before though. You usually see someone else or something that’s going to happen. That last one was happening at the time, maybe your powers are developing or something?” Skye murmurs, we pull up outside of our house and mum is stood in the front garden looking worried.

                I get out of the car and walk towards mum “You knew about the Hunters didn’t you?” I shake my head and turn towards the house “You knew and you didn’t think to tell me, I’ve been facing problems from them since we arrived and you never even thought to warn me about what I might have to face here. Skye too!” I feel tears slide down my face and my mums face slowly turns shocked, her eyes widen and she’s speechless.

                I shake my head and storm past her, running up the stairs and collapsing on my bed, I suck in a shaky breath and close my eyes, Luna walks up to me and purrs quietly. Her large eyes look at me and I smile and run a hand through her hair. She nuzzles my cheek and settles down beside me, I turn and curl her body against mine.

                Perhaps there was a lot my parents weren’t telling us about, we can’t be too young to know everything about witches, so why can’t I be told now. I sigh and throw my pillow over my face.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry its short, but I had a free night so I wrote a chapter!

Hope you enjoy!

- Abs