Chapter 5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are all capable of evil thoughts, but only very rarely of evil deeds: we can all do good deeds, but very few of us can think good thoughts-  Cesare Pavese

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chapter 5

Mum and dad have gone away when I wake up.

When I come downstairs Skye is sat at the table eating breakfast, she smiles as I come in. Because mum and dad are away I will have to walk to school , but I don’t mind; for once it’s actually sunny outside.

I say goodbye to Skye and walk along the path that I think leads to school. I hope it does at least, otherwise I might be getting a little lost.

After a while I recognise where I am and zone out. It’s only after I’ve been stood rooted in the same place for a few minutes I look around and see where I am. I look up at suck in a sharp breath.

It’s the house from my vision, there’s still the same faded yellow paint beginning to peel off the wood panelling. The same white picket fence is there too, only now the gate hangs off one hinge. I stare at the house for a moment and consider knocking at the door. What would I say?

Hello, I saw a family member of yours die last night in the woodland, then I had a vision about this place. Oh yes, did I forget to mention I’m a witch too, I’m from England though if you haven’t noticed already. No. That was stupid.

I’m still stood there when I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I jump and spin round seeing a young girl stood there, she’s probably around my age.... 17, 18 maybe? She had shoulder length wavy brown hair and big brown eyes. She looks at me and frowns.

“Any reason why you’re staring at my house?” she asks.

I look at her for a moment and realise she’s Suzie.  I can’t lie to her can I? “I had a vision about you.” I blurt.

She remains still for a moment and narrows her eyes. She sighs and looks around checking for anybody walking past. Suzie grabs me by the arm and drags me to her front porch, after unlocking the front door she pushes me inside and folds her arms glaring at me.

“How do I know your not a witch hunter. You don’t smell like a witch.”

There it is again. Someone else talking about witch hunters, like they were real. I really need to look them up.

“I am a witch. I just haven’t got my last power yet...” I say trailing off.

She bites her lip “What can you do at the moment?”

“I can see the past and future. And I can transform into animals and people.”

“That’s how you saw me. What did you see?”

I nod slowly and reply “You ran over to your sister and showed her how you could move the air. She just told you to go and show your parents.”

Suzie’s face gained a faded look for a moment, she looks at the same table I saw Soph sat at before. “My sister is missing,”

I look away, she doesn’t know yet.

Suzie notices this and grabs my hand “Do you know what happened to her!”

Her eyes become rimmed with red “Please!” her lip trembles “Tell me... or show me!”

“What?”