Chapter 6 part 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today- James Dean

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

                Hayden drives for about 5 minutes before we pull into what I presume to be his house- a brick built house on the edge of the woodland. He looks over at me and smiles slightly “Sorry for not telling you but my parents want to meet you,” he grins and opens his car door “I didn’t want to scare you off before the date started.”

                Hayden gets out of the car and walks to my door, I’m about to open it when he frowns “Nuh uh, tonight I am your bitch, so apparently according to Matt who is an expert at dates I must do everything for you,” Sighing I sink back in my seat and try to suppress a smile as he awkwardly opens the door with a wide smile and holds out his hand. He mock bows and takes my hand “Come my lady,” he says mocking a British accent.

                “Why thank you good sir,” I say, trying to sound silly with my already British accent.  A light chuckle escapes Hayden’s lips as he closes the car door and we walk up the front door, as we reach it I hear a faint giggle on the other side and the door creeps open and a mop of dirty blonde hair appears.

                Hayden suppresses a sigh “Brit, this is my sister, Zoey,” he gestures towards her, she looks up at me and grins, her blue eyes sparkling as she gazes over my appearance.

                She steps outside of the door “Wow Haydie, you were right. She is pretty,” she looks at her brother and I see a slight blush forming on his cheeks, a smile finds its way to my lips and I find it amusing. Zoey folds her arms and grins, I like her already.

                Hayden clears his throat and pushes past Zoey, leading me inside “Go away Zoey.”

                She frowns and pouts slightly “You wouldn’t say that to your big sister, would you?”

                He scowls at her for a moment, but a faint smile crosses his lips as he looks at his younger sister “You’re eleven, not that old. Go and play with Barbie’s or whatever it is you do,”

                She scoffs and leans against the counter in the kitchen “Barbie’s are for babies. I’ll have you know, I’m twelve next month, soon enough, I’ll be older than you!”

                Hayden smirks “Right, tell me when that happens,” he steps around his sister and pulls me along to the kitchen

                The cupboards in the kitchen are a deep coffee colour, with an island in the middle. leant against the island is a middle aged woman, she has soft brown eyes and copper coloured hair. When her gaze falls upon me a smile spreads across her face and she wanders over to meet me in the doorway. Her gaze looks at Hayden for a moment and her eyes crinkle as she smiles “Oh, you two are so cute together!” she gently places a hand on my arm and leads me to the island in the kitchen “Forgive me, my names Mandy, I’m Hayden’s mom , excuse me for a moment, I need to fetch Michael.”

                Mandy takes another quick look at me and smiles as she walks off in the other direction, Hayden looks down at me worriedly for a moment and I simile up at him, “Haven’t been scared off yet? My mom can get a little strange sometimes,” He frowns, probably thinking of how strange his mother is, I silently chuckle as I watch his expression change.