Chapter 15

Their last couple days were strange. It was hard for Rhiley to believe it was really over so simply. The idea of leaving the place she now considered a home to finally see her family was still not really sinking in.

            Going back to school seemed pointless after everything that’s happened. Over half the students couldn’t even begin to comprehend everything she’s been through in the course of less than a year. She was lucky she only got close to Brendon and Tyler. It wasn’t hard to say goodbye. Marcus and Rachelle were a different story.

            The majority of their belongings were sent ahead but Rhiley, Tyler, Brendon and Chloe were all driving so she could keep her Subaru. It took almost an hour to actually leave. Rachelle cried, Rhiley tried not to and Marcus stood by stiffly trying to be a man. He was uncomfortable with all the emotional women around.

            The group was excited to leave. To them it was like a road trip. Mags, Hayden, Ben and Gregory were all in a rental car. They didn’t like the idea of them driving the whole way but respected their Luna’s decision.

            It was a long drive but everyone was having fun. Rhiley could tell they were getting close and put the windows down. She could feel her pack around in her mind. Not their thoughts but just a connection to all the wolves in the area, like an electrical buzz in her blood.

            Thankfully Tyler was driving because she was getting anxious. He was following the other car Ben was driving. Rhiley, Brendon and Chloe were all looking out the windows as they went through the town they would be living near.

            Her Pennsylvania pack was different when it came to living arrangements. Some of the wolves lived in town but most lived in the woods. The pack had sort of their own community among the trees. A large, hidden housing complex. The main house in the center was the Alpha’s, close by was his Beta. They had more extravagant homes to show their status but other pack members were welcome to stay in the extra rooms. The pack doctor lived in another large house near by. Rhiley liked this a lot more than Don’s pack house. It was indeed convenient and she was definitely gracious but there was no privacy.

            The second their cars broke into the forest, Rhiley’s control went out her open window. With the glass the whole way down, Rhiley sat on the door with her hands on the roof and howled. It took no time for her family and many other familiar voices to join her. The happiness Rhiley felt in that moment brought tears to her eyes.

            A loud bark from behind her brought her attention to a brown wolf running along side the car. With no warning, Rhiley jumped from the window and burst out of her skin before touching the ground on all fours. Tyler was worried at first but in the rearview mirror he saw the two wolves rolling around, playing in the dirt.

            They joined the cars in front of the main house as everyone was getting out. Rhiley shifted in the back seat of her car and threw on some random clothes. A tall, built man ran outside in gym shorts and twirled her around in a hug. He had dark hair and hay colored eyes but Tyler could see the resemblance in their facial structure. He could also tell how alike they smelled. He was sure it was Gage. It proved his point when an older couple walked out, obviously her parents. Her mother was shorter, like Rhiley, with the same darker hair as Gage. Their father had brown hair and the same, lean muscular frame as his son, but bigger.

            “Hi. I’m Tyler.” He went right up to her father and held his hand out. They shook tightly and the large man in front of him smiled.

            “I assume you are our new Alpha. It’s good to meet the person taking care of my daughter. My name is Caleb. This is my wife, Emily.” His deep voice sounded happily. Tyler gave Emily a gentle hug and turned to greet Rhiley’s brother.

            “Hey. I’m Gage.” He was laid back but his bright eyes showed how happy he really was. Tyler saw his arm go back but didn’t expect it at all. Right as he was about to speak, the left side of his face exploded in pain where Gage’s fist connected. The hit was so hard that he stumbled back a few steps. He could taste his own blood in his mouth.

I'm so sorry for taking so long to put this up. I've been really busy lately and to be honest I forgot about this for a couple weeks. I'm going to update more often from now on.

The way that I have everything written at the moment this is the last chapter of this story/book/whatever. I have a few chapters of the sequel written out already though so don't worry.

I'm just trying to work on my transitions. I think eventually I'll go back and edit this all and probably change up a lot of things [mostly where the chapters start and finish I guess].

But I'm going to post the first chapter of the sequel to this right now.

I still need a title though and I'll need a cover too. Help would be very much appreciated. Don't think your ideas aren't good enough because I've got nothing haha