Chapter 10

I apologize for not really having a set schedule for updating. I'll have my laptop fixed soon so I can set up certain days of the week to upload. I'm working on the next part for my other story so it should be done soon.
Also if anyone has any ideas for a title for this story, I kind of need help. I would also really appreciate it if someone would help me make covers for both this and my other story. I'm not really too good at it but they both sort of need one.
Anyway! I hope you guys like it. I guess some people do since I have a few readers. Please remember to vote I guess? I'm working on either the last chapter or the second to last depending on how writing it all out goes. I think there's somewhere around 20 maybe?
I know I always make a slideshow on the right for the characters in each chapter but I don't have time today. I'm going to post a few chapters at once and I'll come back and do the slideshows another day.

Rhiley felt herself slowly coming back to reality. Everything was hazy and even with her eyes closed she felt dizzy. At first it was like her body was paralyzed, but she worked through the numbness from the tips of her fingers and toes all the way to her middle. Everything still felt like shit. Her limbs were heavy, her arm and leg stiff. Tingles of pain shot through her injured limbs as she tried to sit up. She wasn’t strong enough, though. Whether it was from fatigue or the IV in her wrist, she didn’t know. She pulled the oxygen tube out of her nostrils and was moving for the IV when the door opened.

            “Rhiley!” Rachelle practically yelled, making her ears ring. The woman who she saw as a mother ran over and wrapped her arms around Rhiley’s neck. Rachelle’s cool skin felt good on her overheated body.

            “How long have I been here?” It bothered her throat to talk and Rachelle handed her a cup of semi-cold water.

            “Only since last night.”

            “I thought it was longer. I feel like crap.” Rachelle finally let her go to sit back up, tears in her eyes threatening to spill over.

            “George said you would. The arrows were covered in wolfsbane.”

            “Oh, I guess that makes sense. Can you help me sit up?”

            “You should rest.” Rhiley sighed but didn’t object. She glanced around the room but the scents told her she was in Alpha Don’s home, the pack house.

            “What time is it?”

            “About five.”

            “Where’s Marcus?”

            “He’s with Don. He wanted to give you space when you woke up. He’s been keeping people out of her all day.”

            “Well remind me to thank him for not letting it be a circus in here. I don’t feel up to dealing with a lot of people.” Rhiley was finding it hard to keep her eyes open. She thought Rachelle said something but couldn’t be sure. She was fast asleep seconds later.

            The mid-morning sun was shining through the sheers, letting warm light into the room. She was barely awake when the door opened quickly and two handsome boys snuck in.