Chapter 2

No one but the two women know what all happened after the door was closed. Claire, Luna of Don's pack, convinced Rhiley to stay because of her poor condition; mentally and physically. Don had her join their pack, despite her spitfire and slightly disrespectful attitude. He saw a flame in her golden eyes that reminded him of himself at that age. 

She did need some form of a guardian, though, and being Alpha with his own daughter and son, he was in no shape to watch over her. His younger brother on the other hand had yet to have a child and was willing to look after the spunky, young, pup. Marcus and his wife, Rachelle, were only in their late 20's. They had the time and patience for a teenage girl. Marcus was happy for the challenge. He always spoke of training young wolves into pack life.  

Rhiley didn't do much at first. The reality of loosing her mate set in quickly. It's something many wolves can't get over and they end up dieing as well. After being cooped up for two months her depression started to ease up. She has a very strong wolf, which explains her size. They took comfort in having each other and she knew Abrahm wouldn't want her to sulk.  

He came to her in a dream one night. She had finally gotten herself to sleep in the wee hours of the morning. Soon after, she found herself in a large meadow with tall green grass. The stars and full moon overhead were enough light for her sharp eyes.  

Rhiley almost broke down the second she realized it was the meadow back home where Abrahm and herself spent most of their time. She fell to her knees and let her eyes close. The grass was cool on her bare legs.  

She felt something soft brush her cheek and her eyes shot open. The wolf's white fur was glowing from the moonlight. He had put the side of his long face on her cheek for comfort. The second his ice-blue eyesocked with hers she recognized him. She threw her arms around Abrahm's neck and started to cry.  

"It's going to be okay, Rhiley. Calm down. You know I can't stand to see you upset." His voice was like music in her mind.  

"I missed your voice." She spoke softly into his fur.  

"And I yours. I cannot stay, though." He sounded different but in a good way; wiser.  

"Why not? I don't know what to do without you, Abrahm." She held him tighter.  

"You have a new pack that will take care of you."  

"How do you know?"  

"I can't say but you have to trust me. You can make it without me. You're strong."  

"I don't think I can." She leaned into his large body more when he rested his head on hers.  

"You can and you must. It's not your time yet. We will be together again someday. For now, I'm content wiu waiting so long as you are safe."  

"But what about Layton? He..." 

"I know of what he's done and I wish I could have protected you better." His voice turned solemn.  

"He's going to come for me." She knew.  

"Yes. It will be hard but if you have faith in your new pack, they can protect you. Don is a great man."  

"I don't know if I can." She admitted.  

"As I said, you are strong. Who would know better than your mate?... I must go now, love."  

"No! You can't!" She had fistfuls of his warm fur, as if it would help him stay.  

"I have to. I will always love you. Know that I will be watching over you. Trust in your pack and you can overcome this. Remember, we will be together again."  

His body turned translucent and she could no longer touch him physically. She cried as he walked away and slowly disappeared from her sight.

She sat in her room all the next day with the door locked. Over and over, she thought of what Abrahm told her. Late that night she made her decision. She would wait for Layton to come but she would be prepared when he did. With new skills up her sleeve and a strong pack by her side she would get revenge on the man that killed her mate and shattered her life.