Finally

Merle, Jacob and Rick arrived at the town, not noticing the very familiar truck that was parked just a little ways in. They did however notice the pile of walkers that were laying next door to a pharmacy. Rick headed into the pharmacy while Jacob stayed outside to keep guard and Merle headed into a nearby grocery store.

Jacob noticed movement out of the corner of his eye and saw something that very much resembled a walker. He began to walk towards it, lifting his knife to stab it, when the walker suddenly turned and revealed the face of Jasmine.

“Holy shit.” Jacob said, reeling backwards in shock.

“Help-help me.” Jasmine muttered before falling to the ground unconscious.

“Rick! Merle!” Jacob yelled and saw the two men rush out of the stores they were in, their packs not nearly full enough. “I found Jasmine!”

Merle started to run even faster than before towards the fallen woman and the man that was kneeling next to her. “Is she okay? Is she bit!?” Merle roared as he dropped to his knees, ignoring the twinging pain that shot through them at the impact.

“We can check her out back at the prison. Let’s get her home.” Rick said and Merle picked her up and carried her over to their vehicle. Before reaching it, he noticed her truck and motioned for Jacob to drive that back.

They arrived back at the prison before Daryl and his group did and Merle was glad of this fact.

“Herschel! Dr. S!” Rick yelled, racing into the prison as Merle followed closely behind.

The two men that were being called for walked quickly out into the open as Merle laid Jasmine down on a tabletop.

“We found Jasmine but she seems dehydrated and we can’t wake her up. Can you do something?”

A few hours later, Merle sat on the perch where Daryl’s things were. Jasmine was in the cell across from the perch that just so happened to be the one that was closest as well. He watched her sleeping form as he waited for his brother to show up.

It looks as though Daryl had been successful too, because he arrived with Shane and Beth and a truck load of supplies. The only downside had been the loss of Zack, but no one was really concerned with that considering the arrival of the original groups lost members certainly put a shine on everything.

As Daryl walked up to his bed on the perch and saw Merle, he immediately knew something was wrong. His brother sat there, chewing on his thumb nail as Daryl himself often did.

“Wha-?” Daryl asked, setting his crossbow down. He didn’t notice the new addition to the cell across from him, but he did see Merle’s eyes keep shifting that way.

“We found ‘er.” Merle said quietly.

Daryl couldn’t believe his ears, but he wouldn’t get his hopes up. “I know ye aint talkin’ bout Beth because I jus found her and Shane.”

“Honeypouch.” Merle said and watched as his brother’s face lit up.

“yer lyin to me.” Daryl said as he shook his head.

Merle only nodded his head to the cell across the way and Daryl turned quickly and moved towards it slowly.

Daryl stood in the entryway of the cell and watched the woman he loved as she slept. He could barely believe his eyes and when she flickered her eyelids, he was sure he was dreaming.

“Daryl.” Jasmine’s voice croaked out as her eyes came fully open and registered that he was here. “I found you.”

“Ye did darling, ye sure did.” Daryl said as he crawled into the bed next to her and held onto her body for dear life. He didn’t care one bit that she stunk to high heaven and that she was so scrawny he felt like he was holding twigs. He finally had his girl back and he could make everything right again.

Jasmine slowly moved her head to look at Daryl and found him staring at her. He bent his head to kiss her and she felt the butterflies she had been missing all this time.