Chapter 4

'Kade,.. Kade.. Sounded too cliche to me.'My thoughts speciously processed. Despite being rude I returned his secretive hinting as to what mine was. 

   "Lauren." I blurted plainly. He kept his smile the same as his eyes gleamed from his green truck clock light. I could get lost in his eyes, it was like a trance that I couldn't break. This defiantly wasn't like me. He checked his review mirrors as a car was coming up behind us. Our eyes united once again. "Get in." His blunt statement rung through my ears. My eyebrows flustered 'Who the hell did he think he was talking to.'        His head glanced back up to his review mirror as his hand ran through his now tousled hair. Pleading eyes attached to mine once more. "Please" He begged. My feet caught a mind of its own again, because they were on a misson to the other side of the truck. Burning eyes were in me and I wasn't sure if I should feel violated, or flattered. 

     As soon as I had shut the car door, we began to move. Crossing my arms I glanced out the window. 'One minute I'm in a trance and the next he's a jerk. If I wasn't so concerned about where I was I wouldn't even be in this truck breathing his air. Yet, I'd admit, knowing we were sharing air made my face hot.' He turned down a side dirt road and stopped. His finger lingered on the roof of the car, finally popping on the light switch. My instant reaction was to turn away, I'm sure not the prettiest thing around and I wasn't going to disappoint him. "Lauren" Had rolled off his tongue. Slowly, I turned my head towards him, hoping my face wouldn't go red again. How did he have that affect on me, no one else had. That gorgeous head of his fell down and he looked down. " I'm sorry I acted that way, I just was trying to get away from them, my friends. If they would have seen me they would have wanted to hang out." "It's okay." I sort have snapped. 'Way to go Lauren, make him think you're a jerk' "I understand." I said with a shy smile, readjusting my rude comment. He flashed that glorious smile towards me, as I mirrored the same one back. A breath was drawn in, as if he was about to confess something important. His lips met, cutting off whatever he planned on saying. Lifting up his arm from the steering wheel, he began to say something. I'd gotten excited, as if it would be important. " I need gas." she said shortly. 'Gas,.. right, Don't act like it was a disappointment or anything'. His hand reached up to turn off the light. Away we went again.

     Going down the foggy abondend road made me begin to wonder why the hell I got into a car with a stranger. The glowing green clock on the dash read 10:54, yet I didn't think it was that late. We were coming up the a gas station, one of the creepy ones with the sign half hanging off and the annoying buzzing lights. Deep into thought about how he was going to kill me, I was interupted. "Need anything?"     With out looking at his I shook my head. He closed his door, but not all the way. Slowly I glanced my head over my shoulder. 'Dear Mary, He's GORGEOUS... He'd never want me, he's just doing you a favor and driving you home Lauren, He probably has the sweetest, prettiest girlfriend, You could never compete with.' His hair was a deep, hersey chocolate color and his shoulders were broad and muscular. He was leaned up against his dirt covered truck pumping gas. 'Stop, stop, STOP. You're losing it Lauren. He's not all that and more. Get a grip'. Solemnly I turned my head around. My eyes felt heavy. 'I'll just shut them for a minute' I thought. 

Yeah right...