chapter 4

Kate 16th November, 2018;morning

So, it's our final year in high school and we are all very busy. I'm still in my cooking class for what Mac has no interest about and she has started some piano class I have no interest about. And Mac's piano class is a bit distant so we are struggling to find some time for us to just hang out. And yeah, hurray! We have won four free tickets to Cabo and we are flying tomorrow. We had to confirm it at such a short notice. Mac's parents are not home today and also they won't be tomorrow. I'm like- Hey buddy, I'm your best friend! Don't have an incredible party without me! She acts surprised, "Oh no! I'm not that heartless." And I'm like, "You just winked!" She acts more surprised, "Did I?" And then she winks again!

17thNovember, 2018;morning

Now I'm thinking about how Mac is acting weird for the past few days. She used to let me use her I-phone and now she's just like, umm, in my imagination she uses this grumpy old man voice, "I am an American citizen. I have every right to keep my private things private." And I hate piano. Sometimes she seems to have so much fun in that class and she has that happy face turned on after that class; sometimes I feel myself competing against that piano. I know it is NOT a normal thing to be jealous of a musical instrument. Her best friend is now some piano! "What a nerd!" I think with disgust.

17thNovember, 2018; night

So it's already night and she called me. Someone misses someone. She's home alone and I'm not there too. She just said that she'd really had a bad day and that she was so sad and also she didn't want to talk about it because that might ruin my vacation. But she said that she would once I got back there. A tiny part of me wanted to rub it on her face, "Why don't you talk to your BFF, the piano?" But she seemed really vulnerable, so I had to let it go.

It was my suggestion. She loved the 'Mission Impossible' series and we have decided to watch it together. Me, in Cabo; and she, in LA. The whole time we'll be on the phone.

The whole movie watching thing was a great idea. The frustrated I-hate-the-world Mac was talking about how thrilling the movie was and we also discussed about some funny little details.

18thNovember, 2018;night

It's my second night in Cabo. I am tired from having a busy day having lots of fun. Now I just want to talk to my friend and tell her all about it. But she's not picking up. I know what happened. She, Mr. Heartless; is having an incredible party. I'm so tired. So I start to think about the party. Everyone is having pizzas. What? Pizza? Lame. They are drinking beer. I can't believe it. Mac is having her first sip of beer without me!

19th November, 2018; morning

"Don't you daaaaaarrrre, Mac! We'll have that sip together!" Maybe that's when I fell asleep last night. So I am just being ready for another sunny day in Cabo, and the phone rings. My mom picks it up and I clearly see her bright cheerful face turn into a dark worried one. "What? Since when? Did she go yesterday?" That's all I could hear.

"They can't find Mac," mom tells dad. "They've arrived this morning from Arizona. They thought she was in school but the authority called to inform that she was absent. "Maybe she's in a friend's house?"Dad suggests. "No, she isn't actually like that. And they've checked every girl she knew." "Then, "dad says again, "They should inform the Police." "Well, they already have."