thirty five

September 6th, 01:11

"psst, tae"

taehyung grunted looking away from his bright phone screen to look at his half asleep roommate.

"yeah?" he responded, wondering why the hell jeongguk was up at one in the morning, then again so was he.

"hi"

taehyung furrowed his brows at the statement.

"hi?" he hesitantly responded. the two hadn't been talking lately, mostly due to taehyung's awkwardness.

"what are you doing?" jeongguk asked, his voice deeper and husky. taehyung has heard his morning voice before, though it never failed to make him shiver.

"uh, just on instagram, why?"

jeongguk hummed in response flopping on his back. there was a moment of silence before he looked at taehyung again.

"what time is it?" jeongguk spoke after another minute of silence.

"one in the morning. why are you up?"

"why are you?"

taehyung raised an eyebrow, muttering a touché under his breath.

"didn't wanna sleep, you?"

"couldn't sleep" jeongguk shrugged, now laying on his side. their dorm was set up with two beds, one against each wall, with two dressers by the beds.

"why not" taehyung was laying down now. facing jeongguk, his phone now forgotten.

"dunno, just couldn't" taehyung furrowed his brows again, nodding his head.

"why didn't you want to sleep?"

taehyung laughed at the question, shrugging.

"dunno, just didn't" jeongguk laughed too, shaking his head.

"wanna play a game then?"

taehyung shrugged his shoulders in response, "sure"

jeongguk grinned. sitting up on his bed, taehyung following.

"what game should we play then?"

"no offense but you sound like a psycho."

jeongguk smiled a little bunny smile shaking his head. "none taken"

taehyung nodded, feeling like he had said something extremely stupid, drumming his fingers on his thighs.

"what time is curfew?" taehyung looked at the other, wondering why he had asked, "ten i think, why?"

"wanna go to burger king?"

taehyung gaped at the question. "at one in the morning?!" he asked.

"why not" jeongguk shrugged. "my treat."

the two had a minor staring contest, neither willing to back down.

"okay fine" taehyung huffed, standing up.

jeongguk grinned, grabbing his wallet and keys.

"let's go then yeah?"

taehyung grinned happily, an ice cream cone in his hand. they had managed to sneak out, and get their promised burger king.

taehyung had told himself he would buy the whole menu just to piss jeongguk off, but had only gotten an ice cream in the end.

"you look happy" jeongguk commented, seeing tae happily eating his ice cream.

the older hummed nodding his head. "that's because i am" he grinned.

jeongguk chuckled, looking at the older in adoration.

"what?" taehyung asked, seeing jeongguk staring at him.

"nothing" jeongguk shrugged "you're just cute is all."

taehyung flushed, his face burning red. "uh tha-thanks you too."

jeongguk chuckled, raising an eyebrow "you think i'm cute?"

"i uh i mean yeah? is it not okay to call you that? i'm so sorry if i was being weird" he was rambling. oh my god shut up idiot. he told himself.

jeongguk smiled again, "it's fine tae," he said.

taehyung nodded, finally finishing his ice cream.

"thanks for the food by the way." he smiled looking up at the slightly taller male.

"no problem" jeongguk smiled back, making taehyung's face heat up once again.

"hold on"

taehyung was confused as to what jeongguk meant, before the younger started leaning closer.

taehyung's heart raced, as jeongguk got closer, his face no doubt looking like a tomato.

jeongguk smiled as he wiped the corner of taehyung's mouth, where there was a little bit of ice cream lingering.

"what?" he asked, pulling away and seeing taehyung's flushed face.

"n-nothing" the grey haired male stuttered, not wanting to admit that he thought jeongguk was going to kiss him.

—————————————————-

hehehehhehe

finally some actual taekook action ;)