Chapter 12

The group of seven, not wanting to be caught by the direction they were coming from, circumnavigated the city, before finding the southern road into Teirm. Most of the group knew this could be one big trap for them, but the need for supplies and a new mode of transportation was greater than the risk presented. The only people there from Narda were Roran, Gertrude, and Ragni. Gertrude was the only one who understood the ingredients for her medicines, Roran because he didn't trust anyone else to do the job correctly. Ragni could do it just as good, if not better than Roran, he knew this, but after some time of not seeing their so called 'ally', Roran Stronghammer was not quite ready to trust him. 

             Evening was coming as Teirm came into view, white and ghostly. The group stopped as one to look at the city before them. The walled city stood alone on the edge of a large bay, nearly impregnable to any attack. Well, any attack those from this world could figure out. Percy had all ready thought of multiple ways both the mortal and godly worlds could either destroy or capture this city. But those were a world away, back with his Mom, Wise Girl, and almost everyone else he loved. 

             The other six stood in amazement at the size, while Percy was unaffected. Most cities he knew back on Earth were larger than this, but then again, this was not earth. Stone piers jutted from the city into the water, and at one a three-masted vessel larger than any ship Roran had seen at Narda was moored. The ship had a high forecastle, two banks of oarlocks, and twelve powerful ballistae mounted along each side of the deck for shooting javelins. Percy almost immediately fell in love. She was beautiful! An amazing piece of art for this world's crudeness. And he guessed the whole town of Carvahall could almost fit into it, if they were willing to be cramped.

"That's what we need," Roran says, pointing to the massive ship. Percy silently agreed, discussing the beauty with Adurna, who had taken to the bag Percy carried when there was a risk of someone or someone's seeing her.

"We'd have to sell ourselves into slavery to afford passage on that monster." Birgit uttered with a sour grunt. Immediately Percy took personal offense.

Adurna! How could she say that about such a beauty?! She's not a monster, she's the best thing I've seen besides you since I've arrived here! And I can't believe they still allow slavery here. Is there no one who see's the slaves suffering and wishes to end that? No matter what they did, or what ethnicity they are? This world is backwards in more way than just technology.

Adurna merely snorted in amusement at Percy's rant. You couldn't tell Percy was mad, he was just that good. Only those who knew him closely, aka no one in this world, would notice the darker tint in his eyes, and the twitching of his fingers towards his pockets where Riptide would usually lay.

   The group, not including Percy or Ragni known to everyone else, were not expecting the rush of traffic to and from Teirm nearing the closing of it's gates. Roran however knew that this might help shield his party from unwanted attention. As the walls drew closer, Roran beckoned to Mandel.

"Drop back a ways and follow someone else through the gate, so the guards don't think you're with us. We'll wait for you on the other side. If they ask, you've come here seeking employment as a seaman." Roran orders.

"Yes sir."

As Mandel fell behind, Roran changed his posture. He hunched a shoulder and allowed a limp to creep into his walk, beginning to rehearse the story Loring had come up with to explain their presence in Teirm. A man drove a pair of lumbering oxen past, covering his face in shadow. Up ahead the gate was awash with an orange glow from torches, with a pair of solders underneath. They of course had a twisting flame on their tunics; they were Galbatorix's soldiers. Luckily the soldiers didn't even glance at the group as they walked past. 

Well, lucky they had me. Man using the mist is a lot easier in this realm, or world or whatever. Do you think it's because of you Adurna, or just the abundance of magic in this land?

Little Sea Dragon, it could be either one, or even a combination of both. Now pay attention Percy, I have a feeling we will be needed soon enough.

Right. Of course. It's not like I'm here to sightsee or anything. Stupid fates...

Percy!

Right, right! Focus. I must focus. That is what I am doing.... focusinggggggggg and I'm lost. What's happened?

The villagers have found a hostel as they call it to spend the night. No food tonight, coin needs to be saved.

Tomorrow then. Do I have to huddle with the others? It doesn't look.... comfortable. Also like, with me here, that's not needed, since no one even knows we're here but uh. What do i do?

Sleep, Little Sea Dragon. You will need it. And I need it. All this rocking in your purse is making me sleepy.

Purse?! This is not a purse! I do not carry purses. 

Oh really? What if someone asked you too?

Well then of course! Heyyyyyy don't do that Adurna!

I was not whining. Percy Jackson does not whine.

He was totally whining. And giving me baby seal eyes. It was kinda pathetic.

Shush! We aren't supposed to break the fourth wall!

Right then. Sleep Percy. 

Fineeeeeee.

I was up early the next morning, before the sun had risen. Since staying in Algaesia, I had not slept well. Annabeth wasn't around to chase off nightmares, and demigod dreams were  more abundant. But when I woke up, I couldn't remember what had happened, only vague flashes. The Fates had said the future would be revealed when it needed to be, which was minotaur dung but whatever. They were immortal beings who controlled when and how and why I died, so respect is needed slightly I guess.

Think if it this way Percy. Imagine having to keep track of billions of people a day for forever. That's a lot of brainpower. And there's no stopping, or breaks.

Hmm. When you put it that way... Hey wait! Why are we splitting up?

Gertrude and Mandel are going to see a herbalist called Angela. The rest are searching for a ship to take them.

We need the Dragon Wing!

Unless we steal it, there is no way that ship is riding out with the village of Carvahall on it. 

Well, Zeus' underpants. That's unfortunate.

You don't sound concerned.

Look through my memories of last night's dreams, and you'll understand. 

Ahhh, ok. Let's go see Jeod Longshanks then.

Hello peeps.

Yes, it's been a while. Thank you for sticking with me! So here's a new chapter, although its mostly dialogue. I hope you enjoyed the bickering, sounds a lot like Percy I think, except now he has someone to project his thoughts onto lol. I'll get working on the next chapter. Don't forget to comment, I love talking with you guys! Any suggestions you have to help me and the story would be appreciated! And of course, if you spot any errors tell me. This quarentine is boring, so I'm going to open my private messages. If you want to talk to me about anything, or everything, or nothing at all, I'm here. And very bored, so I probably will reply quicker than my updates lmao. Again, enjoy! And stay safe. 

-Mitty