Chapter 5

When Roran leaves with the village
Percy
Sooooo, in the months I had been training with the new sword, my trident, and Adurna, the Fates came. And were as cryptic as Rachel! Jeesh, I shudder just thinking about what her prophecies have put me through. I was starting to thoroughly miss Annabeth, the warmth she gave me, and the support against the ever consuming darkness that threatened to overwhelm me every day. But I have Adurna, who is next to me in a small cat form. We found she could fluidly change sizes, like water. But Annabeth had no one like Adurna to help her. And I wondered every day whether she had been smited, and knowing her, it was a relatively high chance.
But anyways. The fates said to not follow the other 'Dragon Rider' as they called him, and to follow instead his cousin, who they called Roran. They never told me that when he did come he'd bring a whole village! But he did, and they camped by Figian Pool. I warned the fish first, and they activated some weird voodoo fishy magic, and the bottom, that you could see, was all sand, until you swam down there and touched it that is. So now me and Adurna, who is the size of a small dog, were camping in a tree. Well, this tree had been our home for a while, so we had built a treehouse around it. The fates had gifted me with an advanced knowledge of the Ancient Language, and I used my magic to mask our treehouse. Me and Adurna practice by the pool every night, using our water powers to strengthen each other. Roran and the others were just setting up camp, and I could see Roran's injured shoulder. He had it in a sling, and it was already blood-soaked. Grimacing, I turned away from him, and started setting up wards around the animals to protect them from wild predators and to keep them from wandering off. Grinning, I set off down my treehouse, going to catch food for Adurna and I, and if there was extra, some for Roran's village, or as I heard, Carvahall.

I brought a bow I had carved from some ivory I found in a junk yard in Figian Pool. A few arrows were carved from celestial bronze, incase a monster showed up. But in the two or three months I had been here, none had showed up. The rest were carved from a mixture of flint, ivory, pearl, and granite. I hadn't been able to find steel yet, so that was all I had. Riptide couldn't harm the wild life, so I had to use Yawe, which was a bond of trust in the Ancient Language. It's dark sea blue blade glimmered in the light dusk light, deadly sharp. I didn't like ending the animals lives, since I could kinda hear their thoughts, but a man does what he needs to do. My eyesight sharpened as the light faded more, an added feature since I bonded with Adurna. My hearing and smell was enhanced as well. I tracked a herd of deer to a clearing, and using the sounds of deer, slowly lured away some of the herd. I killed them, wishing them a well afterlife and for Artermis to guide its soul. I had about 10 deer soon, and I headed off towards our treehouse, floating the carcasses there using the water in the air. Soon, Adurna had eaten two, and I had eaten 1. I carried the rest of the deer down to Roran's camp, and set them down near their central camp fire. I had cloaked myself using the air particles, and I easily slid past the sentries both times. I left a note for them as well.

I am an ally, and wish for you not to starve. So here you go!

I said, keeping the letter short and cheery. And then I went back to our treehouse to get a good night sleep for once.

Goodnight, my little sea dragon...

Adurna muttered, growing enough to curl around me, and I fall asleep in the comfort of Adurna's belly.

Roran

I awoke to a frantic sentry shouting for my name.

"Roran! Roran! We had an intruder last night!" He hollars, effectively waking everyone up and starting a mass panic. Groaning, I slip out of my blanket, and pull on a new tunic. Sighing, I rub my face as I walk out.

"Carvahall! No one is here right now, Yes?" I shout, stopping the panic briefly, as choruses of Yeses filled the air. Many people were confused with where I was going with this. "Then we are ok for now, correct?" I say, acting like I am talking to two year olds. Everyone nods, and I set off to find the sentry that started this all.

"Hey! Let me see where you found evidence!" I shout, shoving my way through the thick crowd around the camp fire. "oh..." I trail off, looking at the 7 new carcasses of deer, with a note written in the dirt.

I am an ally, and wish for you not to starve. So here you go!

It was hilariously short, and I prodded the deer carefully. "think their poisoned?" I question, prodding it again with a stick.

"Roran, it seems that these haven't even been punctured with anything. I believe they are safe to eat." A chef says. Nodding, I take control again.

"Today, we will have full bellies! Ladies, please split the deer up evenly, and the men can come with me to try and find this mysterious ally! We have a full day, so chop chop!" I shout, gesturing for the men to follow me. We grabbed our weapons, and headed into the forest."Split up boys, we'll cover more ground that way." I order, stalking into the woods. I separate from the rest of the men, and walk through the forest, searching for signs of our ally.

"You won't find what you are looking for, Roran." A voice says, and I look sharply to the top of a tree. A young boy, maybe slightly older than Eragon, leaned casually against the trunk, admiring his deadly sword he holds.

"Who are you?" I ask sharply, inching for my hammer. He laughs, and his beautifully mirth filled voice fills the forest.

"I cannot tell you that, and please, put your hammer down Stronghammer. I could easily defeat you." He says, his green eyes sparkling with humor. This teenager had jet black hair, and green eyes that swirled like the water. he wore a sea green long sleeve shirt with a purple tunic on top, and deep blue trousers. He had worn brown boots, and his vambraces were an icy blue.

"well, if i cannot have your name, may i have something to call you by?" i question, putting my hammer back in my belt. He seemed to observe me, his critical eyes stripping me down. He smiles as he shrugs, and jumps down. I guess I passed his test.

"I dont see why not. If you ever need me, or are refering to me, call me Ragni." He says, smiling mischievously. I nod, and he solutes to me, before vanishing without a trace.

-CatsWillFly551
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤