Chapter 2

Alageasia trembled under the night of Galbatorix. He raged through the black castle in Uru'baen. Another dragon rider had been born, and he bet it was that damn blue egg. Men were sent out all across the land, searching for this new rider. But no one felt the second bond forming under the first. No one knew four dragons riders now stalked the land. Only the fates could tell what would happen now.
{______________________}
Percy Jackson
I groaned, flitting my eyes open to bright sunshine. My body aches all over, and it felt like Blackjack had run over me. It's happened before. I had promised him donuts and so I went and got donuts, and he didn't like them! So he then trampled me to get more, but said he was sorry later, and I still don't believe he is sorry, but only Poseidon can tell... You know what? I should probably get back to these new surroundings. Dam ADHD. Hehe.
Sunlight blinked through the trees, filtering it green. Birds I had never heard, and that's saying a lot cause I've been almost everywhere! I've been under ground above ground, in the sea, out of the sea, in the sky, out of the sky... Wait, back to the surroundings. The forest around me was so lush, I instantly knew I wasn't anywhere in or near Manhattan. Or the US. Maybe even our world! Nothing was this clean on Earth. My head pounded, and I groaned again, pushing myself up on my forearms. I closed my eyes, struggling to think through my headache. Water! I need water... So I extended my senses through the strange forest, and finally located a stream. I pumped my fist into the air, and set off in the direction of the stream. All I had was my weapons, and the clothes on my back. Well, and chest, and legs, and my necklace, and my ring... I can almost hear Annabeth scolding me.
Seaweed Brain! It's a metaphor ya kelp head!
My thoughts grew sad though. In this world, I'm pretty sure that Annabeth wasn't here. And she didn't know where I was. I can practically see her stomping around camp demanding Hera to give me back! Let's hope Hera's in a good mood today.
    I got so lost in my thinking, I didn't realize I was at the stream till I plunged in, and went under. I looked around surprised, and laughed at my antics. A nearby fish looked at me startled, before its eyes widened in amazement.
My young lord! I almost did not recognize you! I'm so sorry for not giving respect sooner!
   He gurgled, hastily bowing.
"Oh! Don't worry. I'm only his son!" I laughed, gesturing for the fish to stop bowing. He righted himself cautiously, and then he grew excited.
    My young lord! You must come see our home! We would be honored if you stayed with us for a darkened sea! (That means a night.)
"I would be honored." I said truthfully. Hopefully when I'm there I can get a bearing on my surroundings.
Young lord, our home is in the pool created by what the humans call Igualda Falls. I will show you there now.
The fish said. I gestured for him to continue, and began a conversation with the fish while swimming.
"So Mr. Purple fish. I still do not know your name, and wish not to call you Mr. Purple Fish all the time. Care to enlighten me?" I asked, surprising myself with my diplomacy.

Ah yes young lord! I completely forgot! I am called (insert blub blub noises) but you can call me Ferdinand. The stories told about you made me think you were a rude adolescent boy, no offense to you young lord. Tell me, are you indeed young Perseus Jackson?
Now dubbed Ferdinand asked. I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.
"Ah yes, Ferdinand. Ha you see... I was actually surprised of how diplomatic I was to you. And yes I am indeed Perseus Jackson, but I prefer Percy please." I say, blushing when Ferdinand laughs.  He's about to retort, but some big fish swim into view, holding sharpened sticks.
Ferdina- Young lord!
One exclaims, and both bow frantically. I turn my stare towards the sandy ground.
"Uh hi. I'm Percy, or Perseus Jack-" I'm interrupted by gasps, and the two guard fish bow deeper.
"Oh Styx! Stop bowing to me! I'm not a freaking god!" I suddenly exclaim, blushing furiously. The two guards fish smirk deviously, before lining up beside Ferdinand and I.
Young lord-
"Perseus please." I interrupt. "Wait! I meant Percy..." I trailed blushing again.
Well Lord Perseus, welcome to Figian Pool, the pride of the Spine Mountains.
The fish said proudly. Two seaweed gates opened upon sight, and an amazing view opened up. Pearly buildings lined the entry way, covered with a seaweed field, blocking the view from mortals. All types and colors of fish swam down the street, all pausing to bow low and amazed when I passed. Arches soared far above our heads, holding up the seaweed. Jelly fish floated around, keeping the mischievous fish in order, while also providing light. Pearls and little sticks of wood carved into figures sat in little windows. Some shops were massive, and alligators and crocodiles swam in and out of them. Others were smaller, for medium fish like salmon and cod. And others still were tiny, for the minnows. A big castle made of wood, black rocks, and more pearls looked over Figian Pool, obviously the pride of the city. The pathway was little more than packed silt, so the water was cloudy. Certain fish were swimming down the pathways, sucking in any debris, and spitting out the clean sand. Ferdinand was leading me to the Castle. Hippocampi guards held actual spears, their hooves splitting to hold them. They looked menacingly at us, then bowed, and opened the Castle doors for us. An enormous hall that could allow a whale in loomed in front of us, and I stared in awe at the coral walls and the tainted windows. Fish servants swam in and out of the windows, and all bowed when I swam forward. A throne sat in front of me. I knew t was Poseidon's, and I bowed when I was close.
"Father, I don't know if you can hear me, but I am here. I pray to you for guidance in this world, and a way forward." I then stood up, and turned to walk away.
Son... I know not if the quest you have been sent on, but I do know a way forward. Ask Ferdinand to show you their prized possession. Should he refuse, tell him I insist. I wish you luck Perseus.
And then his voice was gone, leaving the smell of the sea in its place.
"Ferdinand. My father just called... or talked or whatever. But I need to see your prized possession. Do you by chance know what he was talking about?" I questioned tentatively. Ferdinand nodded quickly.
I do not know where it is. The guards can show you. Just ask.
I nod.
"Ferdinand, thank you for leading me here. I may call on you in the future. After all, I don't know when I'll need Mr. Purple Fish to guide me after I get sucked into a portal." I say winking at him. Ferdinand smiled, if fish can smile. He bowed.
It was my pleasure Lord Perseus. I wish you luck on your quest.
Ferdinand said, and exited via window.
"Uh guards? Uhm Poseidon asked me to find this prized possession of yours. Could you lead me to it?" I questioned. They nodded, and led the way forward down a corridor. The purple and white hippocampi opened a door. This room behind the door held no windows, and in the middle, stood a sea green with dark purple swirls, thing. On a white pedal stool. The egg I think, drew me in closer. I put my hand on it, feeling the warmth, and then it cracked.

1344 words