Chapter 11

Third Person PoV

Roran threw a bottle over the side of the ship, watching for it to disappear beneath the waves. Soon, a current pulled the bobbing glass under the waves. He had long since stopped wondering how and why Ragni could control water. After that night when he had simply walked out of camp, Roran had not seen him appear above the surface, instead choosing to 'protect them from below,' whatever that meant. He quickly walked away from the edge, moving to quell the protests the villagers were putting up about being on the sea for any longer.

On the other hand, Percy was tiredly training his battalion of ice soldiers he's slowly been building over the weeks, bored out of his mind when he heard a plink above the surface.

Roran has left a message, my Little Sea Dragon.

Adurna gently rumbles. He smiles, glad to have a reason to stop sparring against the tireless Blizzard. Percy holds a hand up, a gesture telling Blizzard to stop. Instantly he does, returning to a salute position.

Blizzard, what have I told you about that?

He grumbles through the mind link he established with his soldiers, and he smiles with a small cracking noise. The screeching sound of ice grating on ice wafts through the water.

Not to! Exactly!

He shouts, throwing his hands up in exasperation. Adurna simply smiles. While he was controlling a current to bring the bottle down to him, he reflected on how Blizzard had gathered sentience. One day Percy had been sparring against Blizzard, a little frustrated by how he showed no emotion. It was so unrealistic! Percy, being a seaweed brain, slowly gained anger about how Blizzard never ever reacted to anything he said, did, or made him do! He didn't realize he had used his powers till Blizzard spoke in his ice language Percy could somehow understand. He had said something along the lines of, "Woah Boss, never realized you were this good!" And then laughed! Percy had been so startled that he fell backward and then lost that spar. But now he had another Blackjack on his hands.

The bottle floated into his hands, and as Percy created an air bubble around the bottle, Adurna floated over, casting a giant shadow over him. Percy pulled the letter out, huffing when it was in a messy scrawling cursive.

Adurna, please? I can't read this cursed handwriting!

He pleads, even turning around and pulling the baby seal eyes out. Adurna just huffs out a big breath of air, resignation echoing in her drooping wings.

Fine, Perseus.

"Dear Ragni,

We approach Teirm, it is right on the far side of a peak we approach.

We will stop here for now, and run the barges up on the shore. Tomorrow morning, we will depart for Teirm to look for a ship to take us, well we don't know yet.

But if you wish to join us, meet us on the edge of camp at dawn.

-Roran"

Adurna finishes, only stumbling on a few words. Percy claps, beaming with pride evident on his face.

Great job, Adurna! I mean we should probably go, or at least I should. You could try to shrink to a small enough size to fit in a side pouch. But we should go. Last time the Fates visited, they said there is a spy of the Varden here. But they also hinted at his misfortune. Bet you we'll be meeting them tomorrow!

Adurna just nods, finding no reason to argue. Percy looks back down at the paper, focusing on the water particles in the ink on the paper. Soon they wiggled and moved around, before forming a small sentence, with a drawing of an ice dragon for the signature. It was pretty detailed as well since Percy had a lot of ink to spare. He sent it to the surface, rocketing it out of the water and onto the deck of the Red Boar.