Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

No words

Her alarm clock rang. Groaning, Krisha rolled over her bed and lazily stood up, letting her feet hit the cold cemented floor.

The sun's rays glittered across her room, giving it an eerie glow. She shivered as she felt the morning air passing through her.

How she hates mornings.

"Krisha, wake up! Your dad's going to be late." her mom yelled downstairs.

"Urgh." she groaned, glancing back at her warm and comfy bed, mentally debating with herself if whether or not should she jump in and sleep again.

In the end, she chose to stand up and did her morning rituals. Only that this time, as she bathe herself, the water was colder, so cold that it pierced through her skin.

Half an hour later, she was finally heading to somewhere she could've never wanted, but a guy came in and just made her school a bit interesting.

***

"Morning." Krisha greeted as she slid beside Kurtny.

As she sat closer to her friend, she realized her usual glow is missing. What could've possibly happened to the ever so energetic girl?

"Problem?" Krisha asked as she fumbled through her bag, looking for her english notebook.

"The usual." Kurtny answered without glancing at her.

Krisha rolled her eyes. Not because of her friend's moodiness but because "the usual" always means there's something wrong with Kurtny and her parents. Again.

"Oh. What's new?" Jam blurted in, surprisingly early today.

She blinked a few times, clearly dazed about Jam's sudden earliness.

Jam rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I know. I'm fuckin' early today."

Kurtny giggled, obviously dazed by Jam's earliness too.

She shot Jam a questioning look and the latter just shrugged, walked away and sat to her seat. The farthest and the seat next to Zeke.

She rolled her eyes. Lucky bitch.

Their teacher went in, and before she knew it, her mind was preoccupied by lessons again.

***

The phone kept ringing but nobody was picking up. Annoyed and frustrated all over, Krisha pocketed her phone.

It's 6:37 in the evening, and she's still inside their campus, waiting for her dad. But her dad seemed to forget there's a girl out there waiting for him.

She had called Kurtny first, but no one answered. She tried it a hundred times, but only to no avail. She moved on to Jasmine, only to find out that Jasmine's phone is (unsurprisingly) off too. That lead her to Jam. But then she realized, the gal never had a cellphone. Poor one.

The sky had turned into a shade of purple or red. She shivered at how terrifying yet beautiful it looked.

She should've gone home today, watching her favorite movie series, and yet here she was, still waiting inside the campus.

She regretted reading inside the library. Because of that, she had lost track of time. Good thing the librarian's assistant is good enough to reprimand her about the time.

Sighing, she started walking towards the open gate, only to be startled by a loud, earth-shattering scream.

Instinctively, she spun around and caught a glimpse of shadow walking inside the building. She was sure it was a man's, but who could he possibly be?

It's already past six, which means classes are over. But...

She was sure she ran away. But then, she found herself walking towards the front door, her legs a bit shaky.

But when she opened the door, no one was inside but a dark and empty hallway.

Impossible. She was sure someone slid inside. She was sure she heard that scream. That scream...

She shook her head and backed away, only to find out that she had bumped into something. Or someone.

She hastily turned around and looked up, her mouth slightly ajar as she stared at the man infront of her.

It was none other than Zeke. And he, well he, didn't looked pleased to meet her at all.

***