11

"Dad, how is she doing?" He asked, clutching the phone tightly in his hand.

"He found her! How did he find her?"His voice was raised and the people in the backstage area turned to see what had upset the often soft spoken giant.

'I see. Any other news, dad? No. Ok. I don't know dad? What will she do? I don't know if she can forgive me, dad? Yes, I love her. I was scared, dad. Everything I wanted was suddenly in my grasp. I had it, dad, I had it and I let it go. Let it go and ran because I was more afraid of her reaction to me when she woke than I was of her heartbreak or anger. I know dad. Is she safe, now? Ok. Thanks, dad. Yeah, I gotta go. I'm on soon. I'll keep in touch. I will dad, soon."

Eric turned to see Dougal standing behind him. Eric could see his anger, and he knew it was directed at him. 

"I heard your conversation with your dad. You need to suck it up and talk to her. She needed you and you left her. She was so vulnerable and hurt. She was so hurt. I hope when you see her that you grovel. She won't make you, of course. Her gentle nature will not allow her to hold a grudge against you. Daniel and I have not forgiven you. We were there that morning. We helped her pick up the pieces. Daniel held her while she cried that day. Do you know how hard that was? To watch that sweet and gentle woman, whom we all know loves you, cry because you abandoned her when she needed you most." Dougal turned and walked away, leaving Eric to question his own motives for leaving that morning. 

After his match, Eric sat in his dressing room, holding his phone. On the screen was Jenna's number. Her picture showed a younger, laughing and carefree younger version of her. Swiping the picture, he found Daniel's number. Hitting the call button before he could chicken out, he put the phone to his ear as he heard it connect and began to ring.

"So, after all these months you decide to call. Why didn't you go see Jenna instead?" Was the sharp response. 

"I was wrong. I should have stayed." Eric humbled.

"Jenna should hear this, not me. She loves you beyond anything I have ever seen. Yet she has not only forgiven you, she still looks for you with every phone call, every knock on the door. She wants it to be you so bad. If you love her like you say, don't call her, Eric, go see her. Before she actually does lose hope in you. You see, she has never given up on the idea that you were coming back because she loves you and believes that you love her." Daniel pause in his rant. "She needs you." He whispered into the phone.

Daniel hung up the phone and turned to look over where Jenna was sleeping. She was four months along now and tired easily. The babies were getting big and would come soon. He knew that because they were twins and bigger than average, they would be big and likely have to be birthed early. Elizabeth and her gynecologist had discussed the option of a C-Section for Jenna because the babies might have to be taken as early as six months along.  He hoped that Eric showed up before the birth. He would hate to be the one to introduce his friend to his own children via Facetime or some other type of video screen chat. Just then, Jenna groaned in her sleep. Rolling to her other side, she cracked her eyes open and looked over to where Daniel was standing.

"Hi. Sorry I conked out on you. I just tire so easily these days. The twins really take it out of me. Just a few more months, Daniel. Just a few more months and I get to hold mine and Eric's babies." The smile on Jenna's face was so beautiful. It made her whole face light up. As her pregnancy has progressed, so had her beauty. The male wrestlers that she had helped to treat would flirt with her. Even though she was heavily pregnant, men were attracted to her. But, Jenna would laugh it off and tell them that she was spoken for. Many thought that Daniel was her lover and the father of her twins. They would just laugh and then smile at each other.