10

Daniel looked down a Jenna's laughing face while Dougal and the Schaffer's looked on. The antics of the recently birthed foal was adorable. He would do this funny thing where he ran around with all the speed his little body could muster. These last two weeks they had kept jenna as busy as possible to keep her from thinking about Eric's defection. No calls, no text messages, no nothing. The only person who had talked to him was his dad, and he wasn't talking. 

Jenna turned to Daniel and said, "I should go pack. Since we leave tomorrow. I have to see Elizabeth and Harry. Elizabeth, to get my final release and Harry, to see if he is ok with me coming back to work with all of my baggage. " Waving a hand at the security team who were gathered close around them. Just then, Dougal stepped up to the couple and said, 'Harry is already talking about how to utilize your skills behind the curtain with your own personal protection team." Dougal smiled to show that he wasn't being hateful. "He's actually quite excited to have you back. I believe the words he used were, "Oh thank god! She is more knowledgeable than most of the full blown trainers." He's really looking forward to having you back. Your love of all things to do with what you do has made you more aware of what our athletes need more than most other  assistant or trainers. The rest will work itself out, you'll see." Kissing Jenna on the forehead, Dougal walked the path back to Eric's house.

 "When is your next match? Will we be working together?" Jenna had grown somewhat dependent on Daniel for moral support. Once she was around her coworkers, it would change, she was sure. She knew that people will talk and say that they were lovers. They knew and their friends knew different, and that's all that mattered. 

"My next match is the end of next week, on the weekend. And yes, I talked to Dougal and you will be working on the orange show with me. Are you ready?" At Jenna's nod, Daniel turned to Eric's parents and nodded. He knew that they would keep Jenna's secret. Jenna hadn't wanted to tell them when she had missed her period. Daniel had argued that it was their grandchild and they had a right to know. Jenna had relented and the four of them had sat in the Schaffer living room and she had told them everything. Even to the point of how he had ran the next morning. Without saying a whole lot, Eric's parents had quietly supported her and given her the acceptance that she had never had from her parents, because she had been abandoned by her dad and her mom had died when she was young. Having worked herself into an early grave.

As they turned to leave, Daniel wrapped an arm around Jenna's shoulders and gently guided her down the trail. "I won't lie, Daniel. I'm a little apprehensive about going back to work now that I'm pregnant. I'm worried about being effective at what I do."

Daniel stopped and leaned down to kiss Jenna's forehead. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe. And when you start showing and you have to field questions, you can decide if you want to answer them or not. Completely your choice. Now, let's go fix dinner and get packed so we can be ready to go early in the morning tomorrow.'

Jenna lay in bed that night remembering THAT night. When she had realized that she could be pregnant, she had been ecstatic. She still was, even with Eric's defection. That hurt, too. She knew that he had cared about her for years. She also knew that people thought that she didn't have a clue. She had been far from clueless. She just, quite simply, hadn't wanted to endanger him with her stalker. So far he had never attacked any of her friends, but she couldn't take any chances with the man she had loved from afar for years. She realized that when she thought of Eric, she would rub her belly where the tiny life just beginning to grow and develop lay. She wasn't angry at Eric for his running. Hurt, yes, but not angry. After all, who better than her to understand how fear can make you do crazy things. Looking at the bedside clock, Jenna realized that she had been awake all night turning things over in her mind and that it was time to get up. Getting up, she went and took a shower to revive her somewhat and went to start coffee.

When she got to the kitchen she wasn't surprised to find Ethan there waiting on her with a cup of coffee. "You really need to sleep and rest more. It's not good for the baby when you don't.' 

Jenna gasped and almost dropped her cup of coffee at Ethan's revelation.

"How did you know?" She whispered.

"We're trained professional, Jenna. We notice the smallest change around us. Plus, I overheard  you tell Daniel that day on the deck." Ethan's gentle smile softened the blow.

"Does the rest of the team know?" She already knew the answer. Of course, they did. Like Ethan said, they were trained professionals and didn't miss much.

"Yep! Cynthia is beside herself. She can't wait to start buying baby things. Ryan being Ryan will indulge her, because he's the team leader and we have to keep her happy. So will Seamus, as her husband. Cynthia is like our little sister and we tend to give into her. A lot." He said with a chuckle.

'Have you made and OB/GYN appointment yet?" Ethan asked as he sipped his coffee. Suddenly his posture changed. 'Jenna, without acting like anything is wrong, go into Eric's office, where Dougal is. Don't look around, just do it and act like everything is normal. OK?" Jenna did as he asked. She knew that there was only one reason for him to act like that. As she got to the office door she turned and saw him speak into a wrist piece. Suddenly, Cynthia was beside her, guiding her into the office. 

"I have camera monitors set up in here, so we can watch his every move." Cynthia led her over to the large screen TV , where several video feed showed. As they watched a shadow passed in front of one of to camera's. As they did, the screen went red. "Shit!" Cynthia said. "He found my camera's." Taking a 2-way radio from her belt, she let Ethan, Ryan and the rest of the team know that their prey was more cunning than they anticipated. 

Just as Jenna was starting to relax, HE shows up again. This time however, he wouldn't be able to get to her or her baby. One camera was left in the front and one left in the kitchen facing the deck. Suddenly, HIS face appeared in the camera left in the front of the house. "Hello, Delilah. I've come for you. But, you've been a bad girl. You've been spending time with males. Giving them what's rightfully mine." He said this in the most pleasant of voices and with an almost benign smile on his face. "You'll pay for that, my love. Then after you've been properly punished and educated, everything will be wonderful and we can start over. We can have that perfect relationship. I noticed that I haven't seen your large friend in weeks. That other man is there with you though. Oh yes, and you now have a security detail. They won't stop me either. I will get to you and I will punish you." And then just like that he disappeared.

"Dear God! That was so freaking creepy. He smiled so nicely the whole time and never once raised his voice. It was like he was talking politely about the weather with someone." Cynthia walked over to Jenna , who was shaking and quietly crying, and wrapped her arms around her, holding her tight. "I'm so sorry, Jenna. I never realized how bad it was. I promise you that I will personally put a bullet in that man when it comes time." Jenna returned Cynthia's hug and thanked her.

Just then, Daniel came storming into the office where the two women were hugging and Dougal kept his attention on the Video feed. 

"Jenna! Are you ok?" Daniel rushed in and took Jenna out of Cynthia's arms and into his own.

'I'm fine. Ethan took very good care of me. Ethan! Is he ok?!" Jenna quickly looked up at Daniel for conformation.

'He's fine. He's  scouting the surrounding property with Ryan and Seamus." Daniel wanted to leave right now, but he knew that after this incident, that he would have to wait to be told that it was safe for Jenna to be moved.

Just as Jenna nodded to Daniel in understanding, Ryan, Ethan and Seamus entered the room. "Everything is clear. Let's move now. I want to get Jenna on the jet and to a secure location before this asshat can pop up again!" Ryan gritted out. It was a personal affront to him that someone could get past his safeguards and get to the cameras and destroy them. Digger had been especially aggrieved. The guy had managed to get past his snare traps and trip them and render then ineffective.

"Little sis, are you ok?" Ethan asked gently. When Jenna nodded, Ethan seemed to breath a sigh of relief.

"Alright folks. Let's go. The luggage and equipment is by the front door. Let's grab it and head to the Hummer."

Jenna was a ball of nerves that she couldn't seem to relax. When they boarded the private company jet and in the air was when she finally relaxed. And because she hadn't slept the night before, she fell almost instantly asleep.