Chapter 30

I've been around the human for some time now, but I was still feeling different. Something about him was contrasting to Jonathan, and whatever it was, it made it more difficult for me to get closer to him. But it wasn't a big deal. I learnt that I treated him more like a friend, rather than my Jonathan. Just because he looked exactly like my Warrior, doesn't mean that I will worship him, too.

I was waiting for him in his apartment, sitting on the couch and doing absolutely nothing. He had a class right now, but he'll be here soon. Apparently, he gets his results for a previous test today, therefore I bought some drinks so we could celebrate his failure or success. Whichever was fine. But I will try and not get too drunk. Nothing ever good happens when I'm drunk and now that Sebby isn't around me, there won't be anyone keeping an eye on me.

I can't guarantee the human won't try and do anything. He'd probably throw me somewhere to get rid of me.

I grinned when I heard the sound of keys, then the door was opening. I spun around quickly, and I heard a startled curse.

"Jesus, don't scare me like that!" he snapped, a hand stretched out to his chest, as though to calm his heart.

I frowned, and tilted my head in confusion. "My name isn't Jesus."

He rolled his eyes, then he closed the door and walked to his room lazily. I followed behind him, a skip to my steps as I somehow felt cheerful. It was his heartbeat, it made me jumpy.

"What are you doing here, again?" he groaned as he dumped his bag on the bed. I skipped on my toes, grinning slyly.

"I came to celebrate with you your test results!"

"I failed." he snapped, his eyes raging. He told me before that he wasn't good at history. It just made him so bored that he could never focus or get a good mark. I know that feeling so well.

"So?" I shrugged. "Just because you failed, doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate. Come on, I bought beer and all that jazz!"

He sighed, but he still nodded his head and walked to the kitchen. I skipped after him, then I went to lay the drinks out on the floor. It'd be better if we just sit on the floor and chill. That way, if we get too drunk, the falling impact won't be too deadly.

He came back with a huge bowl of chips and chocolate, making my mouth water at the sight. He sat down on the floor with a sigh, then he grabbed a bottle of beer and popped it open. He handed it to me and I took it eagerly. I grabbed a fistful of the goods in the bowl and then gobbled them like they were nothing.

All this time, the human watched me with interest.

"What?" I grumbled, munching on the crunchy food in my mouth. "Can't a girl eat like a pig without being judged?"

He grinned and shook his head, then he took a swig of his beer. At least he grinned and not continued to look so down. He's been more friendly to me after the few days I've spent around him. He's so much fun to be with.