Chapter 26

The sharp burning in my body woke me up, and as soon as I did, I realised I was breathing hard with perspiration coating my unusually cold skin. My soul was screaming, raging at something that I couldn't point out. A stinging pressure burned my eyes and tensed my muscles, and I found it impossible to breathe with my throat closing together tightly. I was shaking unstoppably, my breathing becoming heavier and with every inhale I took, a twist in my chest happened.

"Se-Seb-Seb-Seb—" I gasped and sobbed as tears blurred my eyes and stung my cheeks, trailing down like open taps. I was breathing so hard, my chest rising and falling with speed. I screamed when I saw arms reaching out for me, quickly pulling me into a warm chest with a thudding heartbeat.

"No! No, stop! Let go, stop!" I screamed, but because of the tightness of my throat I couldn't breathe normally. I felt so strangely anxious, frightened and it disgusted me because I wasn't acting like myself at all. This isn't me! Why am I acting like the fool I was 153 years ago?! Why are those memories haunting me all of a sudden?!

'Fight it! This isn't you to be showing such weakness! It's not like you to show those disgusting emotions! Pick yourself up!' my soul whispers wildly, her tone anxious yet raging, just like a conflicted heart.

"Hey, hey, it's me! It's just me!" Sebastian coos, sliding a hand through my hair and pushing my head into his neck to inhale his tempting yet relaxing Honey and Lavender scent.

I breathed his scent in, and I found myself relaxing a little knowing that it was, in fact, Sebastian who was holding me. I held on to him frantically, trying to gulp in as much of his calming scent as I could. With another twist in my chest, my eyes widened and I began sobbing again. I pushed Sebastian away and looked down at my stomach, clutching it desperately.

"The child— I— my child! Jo—Jona— my child—"

Sebastian forced me back into his chest, holding me so tight that I couldn't pull away. I was crying, helplessly holding my stomach and sobbing like I was dying.

"Calm down! It's all going to be fine, just relax and breathe." Sebastian rocks us back and forth like a mother tending to her child, whilst he whispers words of comfort directly in my left ear. His hold on me was tight, as though he was afraid I'd snap and turn to air, slipping right through his fingertips.

"No! No! My child! My chi—"

"I want you to calm down and look at me."

Every cell, every nerve in my body responded to his calm command immediately, not giving me time to at least understand my hysterical state. I looked him straight in the eyes, aware of my silently-falling tears. When his eyes focused on my own, I noticed his pupils contract.

He was using his Pureblood compulsion on me.

When his pupils contracted, my eyes could not leave him at all. I did not have control over myself. I was simply waiting for whatever he wanted me to do. Now that he is using his Pureblood compulsion and linking bond on me, there'd be absolutely no way to reject his demand.