Chapter 20

Intense throbbing in my head woke me up to a quiet room. It took me a while to know that it was Sebastian's room— the dark colours gave many hints, apart from his inviting scent. The thing is, he wasn't in the room, so I was lonely. I groaned and caressed my head, hoping to get rid of this pain in my skull, but I failed miserably.

First of all, how did I end up falling asleep? Sebastian better not have pressed on my neck again. Hell, it hurts a lot.

I cannot remember a single event from last night, other than the fact that I showed weakness and asked Sebastian to take me to a club. I remember feeding on a few Vampires, but then everything goes blank. The more I try to remember, the more my head hurts.

What did I even drink to cause me such a headache?

I slowly got out of the bed and wobbled my way to the bathroom to have a warm bath. When the mirror caught my attention, I froze.

—Thank you for the amazing night, Jewel. You gave me one hell of a night to remember. XOXO Abby—

What the hell!? Who's Abby?! What did I do last night?! And where did she get her red lipstick, it's so nice!

I felt a hiss build up in my throat and when it came out of my mouth, my head hurt me even more. That's it. Sebastian must know what happened last night! He must have been with me the entire time! I'm sure this is just some silly prank.

I followed Sebastian's scent, which led me to the large kitchen. Why was he in here by himself? Where are his maids, butlers and servants? He only gives them a day off when they ask for one— which they hardly ever do because they love him so much— or when he is in a really good mood. Something good must have happened to him if he gave his staff a day off.

"Good morning, Love." Sebastian greeted me cheerfully. He was too happy— too enthusiastic. Something must have happened. Even the way he is cooking and moving around so easily gave it away.

"Sebby, what happened last night?" I whined as I walked over to him. Unconsciously, my hands wrapped around his toned waist and I pressed my face into his shirt, inhaling his warm scent. I felt him tense as soon as my arms wrapped around him. I don't blame him, I don't usually go around giving him free hugs.

My hugs are expensive.

"Last night?" he asks and laughs happily. "Last night was amazing!"

"So you know who Abby is?" I perk up.

He laughs louder this time, as though he was unable to contain it within himself. When he quietens down, he says, "Yes, Love. It was really amusing to see you throw yourself at another female. Didn't know you're into these things— but hey, it was very amusing to watch."

I still, my hands slowly dropping from his waist. Sebastian spins around and that's when I see it. His smile was so large, his eyes were twinkling as though he was so happy he couldn't stop it. He was practically glowing.